The openeer on the coast

prov1

Oct 17, 2011
Been checking cameras for weeks, things look a bit better than last year, have a couple 4xs on the hit list that's more than I can say for last year. Only time will tell so get out there and be safe and good luck. I took this buck in 2010 after hunting him 41 days straight after seeing this pic.

Attachments

• new state record 2010 003.JPG
    new state record 2010 003.JPG
    356.2 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC02222.JPG
    DSC02222.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 233
I sat in that stand everyday from that day till October 12th when a hot doe brought him in with several friends , he was king, it was raining by the way. I have the entire hunt on video it shows how really smart the big ones are and how patients prevails. One of my finest hunting memory's.

Attachments

• DSC02224.JPG
    DSC02224.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 186
I have seen the video Vince is talking about, several deer come in with a few other bucks, this dude hung back, all the other deer came right in but not him, he stayed alert and well hidden for the longest time.

I think the only reason he eventually came in, was all of the other deer whir feeding and drinking and he eventually let his guard down because of the does, Vince smoked him as he came in.

An OUTSTANDING Pacific Hybrid.

kingwouldbe said:
I have seen the video Vince is talking about, several deer come in with a few other bucks, this dude hung back, all the other deer came right in but not him, he stayed alert and well hidden for the longest time.

I think the only reason he eventually came in, was all of the other deer whir feeding and drinking and he eventually let his guard down because of the does, Vince smoked him as he came in.

An OUTSTANDING Pacific Hybrid.

bow hunting is tough, that is an awesome deer, cool story.

Ghost

That's a great point about patience. Having seen one deer, I always try to find the others. But the bucks trailing a group of does sometimes hang way back, well hidden. I've had occasions when I was sure a buck was lurking and I just couldn't get a visual. Love the rut: it's been the undoing of many a cagey old buck.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu