The prestige list

ivhunter said:
not much of a duck hunter but I thought I saw a Hooded Merganser down here in the valley, is it possible they are down here. I'll go back a take a pic of the pair.

right now I've been chasing a few geese I saw in a field but can never sneak in close enough to take shot at them

Ok... I'm going to bite on this. I forgot to post on this... going to go do a write-up right now.

For you boys that want a wood duck........He's lucky I already have one....... ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0222.JPG
    IMG_0222.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
ivhunter said:
not much of a duck hunter but I thought I saw a Hooded Merganser down here in the valley, is it possible they are down here. I'll go back a take a pic of the pair.

Definitely can be a hooded merganser, but it could also be a drake bufflehead. And I mean if you shot that..... you shot a bufflehead.

sdhunter said:
NBK said:
I want to shoot a Canadian goose some day. ;D

Canadian gooses...do you use Calls with French or English reeds??
Easiest way for me was to always look at their papers. Green card is a dead giveaway.

To be honest the only Canadian geese we get here in So Cal is Snows or Specks... the occasional cackler that might not be from Alaska.

But unless we get a really good northern freeze most of our Honkers are good ol' American Geese.

19 honker bands..... All but 1 were shot in SoCal.......The only bird not from Utah was one from Washington State, that I got in Brawley at a duck club......So yes, our honkers speak English....... ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu