The "Shaw" again... (Pic heavy)

The Deer Guy

Apr 4, 2016
Yet another fun week with waterfowl including a great hunt at the "Shaw" yesterday. The week started for me on Sunday as my wife and in-laws got me a new camera for Christmas (Cannon EOS Rebel T6 DSLR). I was antsy to get out and get some waterfowl pics so after my hunting partner for Wednesday confirmed that we were set up I went out with Trig (ilovesprig) to a local pond photography sesh. I got some cool pictures but still have a lot to learn. After lunch and plenty of pics I headed home and got my stuff packed for the next days hunt. 2:30 Wednesday morning rolled around quicker than I had hoped but none the less I got out of bed and was off. Shoot time was at 6:20 and we had good action at first shoot light. The first 3 ducks hit the strap quick but after that it slowed a bit. After a few birds flared from the blind we made the decision to completely move our blind and spread back about 30 yds. I'm glad we did because after that it was game on. I finished up my 7 by 8:48 and we had 14 on the strap by 9:30. I included the pics from the local pond below. Happy holidays.
Josh
IMG_0081.jpg IMG_0090.jpg IMG_0100.jpg

Photography sesh:

IMG_0013.jpg
IMG_0056.jpg IMG_0062.jpg IMG_0068.jpg

Reactions: msailor
Josh,

That's a nice shoot.......Well earned anytime you hunt up there.

Lots of widgeon at the pond.......This may be the banded widg you saw......Right near the front.......;)

.005.JPG

Nice pics and solid strap. Always a good day when a sprig dies on the south end. I've only ever killed sprig on that end when it was super foggy first thing in the morning.

Nice job at Henshaw. I have fond memories of goose hunting there in the 70's and 80's.

Nice job! Too bad we can't hunt the pond!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu