The truth about camouflage clothing.

I'm just sitting here addressing the OP with a helpful suggestion. That others mis-interpret and jump to different conclusions is on them.

Last edited:
I'm just sitting here addressing the OP with a helpful suggestion. That others mis-interpret and jump to different conclusions is on them.
No one misinterpreted anything. You just can’t read any disagreement with your opinion as anything but an attack on you. It’s so old dude. Just chill.

Regardless of where this thread started it has been a discussion about the merits of more expensive techy gear vs cheaper less techy gets for a few pages now. Our responses were formed in that context. Like we’ve all said, everyone should make these decisions for themselves. Whatever we all wrote here is our opinion and nothing more. The specifics of the hunt have a huge influence on these decisions as well. When I’m sitting in a blind in Texas I’m generally wearing cotton work pants like Sprig suggested. No way I would wear that hunting the way I do in SoCal or Arizona.

I took my brother in law out to check my cams last week and we encountered a bow hunter on the trail decked out in kuiu head to tow with matching bino harness and my brother in law commented that it looked as tho he was going to play paintball..and that it stuck out like a sore thumb..he was impressed that my cheap walmart camo and Dickie pants did the trick and helped me blend in. At one point we even made it in area that had some snow and we both had to take a pee break so we took either side of the trail and when he finished and turned back around he couldnt spot me..I had my back turned to him and he thought I ran off and hid from him but I was standing within 20ft of him. He did a 360 until he realized I was right in front of him. We had a good laugh about it.

Resized_20191025_074341.jpg

Now I'm not knocking that stuff because if I could afford it I would probably get some first lite gear but this seems to work okay for now. This is obviously not a picture of the area that had snow but this is what I was wearing.

He thought you ran off and hid from him? What? Lol..... I tried paint balling a couple times... its lots of fun ... I did wear some old Sitka gear I had laying around. Didnt expect to get hit so many times. Apparently its a thing to light some one up when they are exiting the playing field lol BS

Seems to work pretty good for us. Notice the blood on the pants...proof is in the pudding. We snuck up on some elk on Wednesday and had to cover some open ground and the end result was a pile of dead mammals. Cow elk are a good test, they have eyeballs like Hubble telescopes. Wear what works for you, SCH has a good relationship with Kuiu and their gear works for us.

I'm going to camo my truck!!

These ladies didn't know what snuck up on them. Got within 30 yards in semi open desert... Camo (bass pro brand stuff) , wind (nature) and my homemade carpet sneaks made a difference on this stalk... oh and the shrub I was hiding behind helped break up my "human silhouette" they watched me for about 5 minutes before they said later, I was hoping a buck would stand up but he wasn't home.

deer.png

IV, ... Dude! Let's see some pics of the homemade carpet sneaks man!

P.S. be careful of using carpet sneaks in Desert brush environments man... they can pick up those dried broken pieces of cholla and it's a nightmare.

Seems to work pretty good for us. Notice the blood on the pants...proof is in the pudding. We snuck up on some elk on Wednesday and had to cover some open ground and the end result was a pile of dead mammals. Cow elk are a good test, they have eyeballs like Hubble telescopes. Wear what works for you, SCH has a good relationship with Kuiu and their gear works for us.

You can do that without camo.... don't walk like a human and don't make eye contact when elk hunting.

Now deer.......camo

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu