Thieving Foxes

ttrose

Nov 26, 2013
San Diego
Like a lot of you I hunt public land. If you hunt it long enough chances are something of yours is going to come up missing. I lost a camera last year and of course I though some passerby snatched it up. Yesterday another camera of mine was not where I placed it. After looking for signs of who might have taken it my buddy found it about 20 yards down the trail. After checking the photos it was easy to tell who took it. A couple of foxes who clearly didn't want their photo taken decided to pull it down and try and drag it away. I have had all sorts of animals come right up to a camera but none have ever tried to take it. Anyone else have something like this happen before?

Attachments

• HUNT0007.JPG
    HUNT0007.JPG
    418.6 KB · Views: 34
  • HUNT0009.JPG
    HUNT0009.JPG
    424.1 KB · Views: 27
  • HUNT0010.JPG
    HUNT0010.JPG
    434 KB · Views: 31
  • HUNT0011.JPG
    HUNT0011.JPG
    433.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HUNT0012.JPG
    HUNT0012.JPG
    189.1 KB · Views: 28
I just moved down from Washington. The Bears up there were always thieving trail cams off of trees!

I had a fox try to steal a quiver rabbit one time. a 12gauge took care the problem

I was in my treestand and had a bear come by and rip my camera off the tree. I did not have a bear tag that day so I yelled at it and it took off.

I believe it is the smell of the batteries in the trail cam that attracts bears.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu