Things are Heating up at San J!

This is what happens when Tom adds in additional blinds and let’s shooters per ressie go from 2 to 4. More then doubled the amount of banging then you have morons sluicing coots ruddy ducks etc. No wonder it shoots like garbage.

I tend to wait until they swim by in groups...then when they least expect it..usually while they are sippin on there morning turds..BANG!! Ducks down!
I was tempted to do that back in december. I had this group of coots all clustered up feeding on a mud flat, I could have hit four or five with one shot. If I knew how slow the afternoon would be I probably would have. The best we’ve done on ruddies is take out a pair, I can’t imagine the adrenaline rush that would occur if a big group swam in.

Reactions: HATCHET1
This is what happens when Tom adds in additional blinds and let’s shooters per ressie go from 2 to 4. More then doubled the amount of banging then you have morons sluicing coots ruddy ducks etc. No wonder it shoots like garbage
You’re just mad at Tom because he caught you sneaking in to the bbq lunch at the youth hunt. You weren’t even taking any kids hunting, just there for a free meal. Shameful

You’re just mad at Tom because he caught you sneaking in to the bbq lunch at the youth hunt. You weren’t even taking any kids hunting, just there for a free meal. Shameful
You’re so funny. Don’t quit your day job. God knows you can’t survive off your hunting skills

Very slow morning from the sweatline, we were one of the last ones out from the sweatline, we went with Mystic-11. I do not recommend! The shore has receded away from the blind and theres no vegetation nearby, just mud! My feet sank so much in the mud that I just set my decoys in puddles short of the shoreline. Birds were scarce and I imagine retrieving one in that sludge would be a big pain. I just thought I’d warn others in case you find yourself at the end of the sweatline and its one of your options.A5FD0DD6-D813-4FBD-B965-F46982A35BE3.jpeg07B8918D-6E32-4E69-8088-CC62C7AFE685.jpeg

not even a coot????
They wouldn’t come in range, I could have shot a pile of seagulls though! We watched thousands fly over the refuge towards Mystic. One of the ponds was loaded with ruddies on the way back, I’ll try to make it out to that one before the season ends. I also saw a pair of swans take off from Mystic, that was pretty awesome, never seen those before. They’re huge birds, even through the binos.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu