This can happen to you!

NBK

Trying to be the man my dog thinks I am.
GOLD SITE SUPPORTER
Mar 8, 2011
San Diego, Ca.
This is what can happen when you don't clean and lube your shotgun choke tubes regularly! It is extremely common. Isn't it SDBirds?

If you find yourself in this situation, an easy-out and Kroil is your best friend!

Attachments

• Jchoke.jpg
    Jchoke.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 60
Haha nice! I have a benelli barrel that's permanent mod choke. Tried every oil combo, cold, heat and Nada

Aeon said:
Haha nice! I have a benelli barrel that's permanent mod choke. Tried every oil combo, cold, heat and Nada

I can get it out brother. Next trip bring it with you - remove-o-matic!

Had that once took 3 choke tools lots of heat and a week of soaking to get it out PIA.....now lubed and I check it all the time.

My modified choke is permanently affixed to my barrel in two of my Benelli SBE's.......And I don't care.......The 3rd SBE is my turkey gun and it can be removed because of the extended Primos Jellyhead.............. ;)

Thanks for posting. Good advice on preventive maintenance... Also nice to know that I'll be in good company if I screw up ;)

i am kinda in the same boat as sprig, Mod is what is stuck in and mod is what i shoot.

That's funny my SBE is the one I fixed after 5 years of shooting mod........still shoots mod only....Duh!!

Bennelli's suck

MJB said:
That's funny my SBE is the one I fixed after 5 years of shooting mod........still shoots mod only....Duh!!

Bennelli's suck

Mark,

BENNELLI'S may suck............But Benelli's don't............ :p

SluiceCoot said:
I don't clean any of my guns all season. After the season is over (now), I dedicate a day to cleaning. B

Wish I could do that. Just eats me alive to look down at my gun and see even the slightest external rust. I have a Remi 870 and a Ruger American that both get a little rust. If I go for a day of waterfowl or heavy fog morning, and don't at least wipe down the gun with gun lube when I get home, it'll be rusty in all sorts of nooks and crannies.

8SteelTown said:
SluiceCoot said:
I don't clean any of my guns all season. After the season is over (now), I dedicate a day to cleaning. B

Wish I could do that. Just eats me alive to look down at my gun and see even the slightest external rust. I have a Remi 870 and a Ruger American that both get a little rust. If I go for a day of waterfowl or heavy fog morning, and don't at least wipe down the gun with gun lube when I get home, it'll be rusty in all sorts of nooks and crannies.

Best reason to have them dipped in camo of choice........... ;)

what is this cleaning you speak of?

duck guns if not dipped should be painted.

if god wanted you to clean your gun he would not have made beer taste so good after a hunt.

SluiceCoot said:
I do the same but now seeing NBKs pic I'll be putting a little extra lube on the tube! I had to stop by Fine Firearms the other day for a new can of RemOil to wipe down surface rust and grease the moving parts. I found quite a bit of dirt, sagebrush and other crap in my receiver but my 870 will still plow thru it!

if you don't break down the shotty's after use it will be full of grit & dirt. it will then have premature wear. having dust and oil in the action is the worst. grinding down close tolerance surfaces. I clean my stuff after use. that said the other non functioning surfaces would be good to dip or paint.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu