this state sucks

The DA did screw up. I am ok with the fine. I had the wrong plug in.
Here is what happend this mornings.

I was cited with title 14 311a. witch is unpluged shotgun. I did not know I had the wrong plug in but still my fault. I except full responsibility for my actions. it was an accident and the dfg guy new it was to so sited me an circles the infarction part of the ticket not the misdemeanor part. when I went to the court house yesterday they said it is now a misdemeanor. I got the paper work and went home to get ready for court and talk to my lawyer. looking at the paper I was being charged with title 13 311 (b). having larger than #2 shot while in pursuit of turkey. never was sited for that nor did I have larger than #2 shot. I was not being charged for my original ticket. the DA not DFG had not only wrote the wrong charges on my paper work but the DA not DFG had jumped it up to a class 3 or c (I cant remember) misdemeanor. the DA never informed me of this and if I had not gone in a day early would not of been able to lawyer up. My attorney asked the DA this mornings to return to the original charge and drop it to an infraction so it would not go on my record. The DA came back with a plee to drop all DFG charges (title14) and gave me a disturbing the peace 415 (2) with a $180 fine and my infraction can be expunged from my record. With that being said I again had no problem with my original cittation. unpluged infraction. I had a big problem with a wrong and faults charge and a criminal misdemeanor on my record. the one reason I am putting this on face book and a couple outher local forms is so others can now what the DA is up to. if I did not have the money or connections I could have been easily bullied in to pleading guilty on a false charge and a criminal misdemeanor. witch could of left me wit no gun or hunting rights for 3 years and possibly probation for the sane amount of time. I believe this is just California grouping law abiding hunters and gun owners as the same as bad gus with guns. it is all over now. if this went differently today Calguns, NRA, media and others would have been contacted. Thanks for the support. Matthew K

First of all I commend you for admitting fault for the incorrect plug. The incorrect charges are a tough pill to swallow as well as the legal fees incurred due to being incorrectly charged. Like Breacher said the DA just wants to place another check in the win column and since you do accept some fault it seems fair enough. Now for the state part I believe CA to be one of the best states in the nation. It's the people who have been elected to represent us that suck IMO but we continue to reelect them so it speaks poorly of the residents, so in that sense This State Sucks....

Randomshot said:
First of all I commend you for admitting fault for the incorrect plug. The incorrect charges are a tough pill to swallow as well as the legal fees incurred due to being incorrectly charged. Like Breacher said the DA just wants to place another check in the win column and since you do accept some fault it seems fair enough. Now for the state part I believe CA to be one of the best states in the nation. It's the people who have been elected to represent us that suck IMO but we continue to reelect them so it speaks poorly of the residents, so in that sense This State Sucks....

Definitely one of he most beautiful states by far!

I wonder how many people have been railroaded by this DA, that were not smart enough to figure out what kind stuff they pull on people?
When the opportunity comes up I also will be moving out of Calif.

I was born and raised in san diego, and believe this is not only one of the prettiest states but the best climate in the world. And 10 years ago I would have said you would be crazzy to leave. I own my own business and between taxes, work comp, ,insurance, bond and cost of living I can b ot stay any longer. The things listed takes 49 percent of my gross profit. Now I cant make a mistake hunting with out being charged as a common criminal. I am done with this state. Im moving to Dalles tx and taking my business with me.the people we consistently vote in to run California are idiots. Im moving to a Republican state that believes in not hindering business and stand up for your 2nd amendment rights . California is murdering small business that is the life blod of this nation.And if it was up to this democratic state they would take away all gun rights and would be government run.

Its ironic you're heading to Texas. Wasn't Rick Perry in California courting California companies and trying to pursuade them to move?

Yes he was. I also talk to him when he spoke at my church about 8 months ago. But that is not why we are leaving. Texas is a very business friendly state and is still very affordable.

After living in SD and spending 35 plus years on the lakes and in the woods, I can tell you the G&F in Cal is a different breed. Ive had officers search my boat and vehicle at a lake after i got back to the dock from a day of fishing. With no explaination! seriously WTF! They take great satisfaction in throwing their weight around. Look at Josh Kettl case, that's a bunch of crap. I hunt in several states and have been approached my many fish and game officers, none of which have treated me like the CG&F. Sorry guys but there are a lot of other western states that are a lot more attractive and affordable than Cal.jus my two cents....

Yep but its not just California anymore. Its slowly spreading to other states as well. Look at Colorado for example. That state is trying to pass a bill that would reduce magazine capacity on several types of weapons. If people think CA is the only state with issues (although CA is about as bad as they come) they are wrong.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/02/16/colorado-gun-bill-could-cost-state-hundreds-jobs/?test=latestnews

oneazbowhunter said:
After living in SD and spending 35 plus years on the lakes and in the woods, I can tell you the G&F in Cal is a different breed. Ive had officers search my boat and vehicle at a lake after i got back to the dock from a day of fishing. With no explaination! seriously WTF! They take great satisfaction in throwing their weight around. Look at Josh Kettl case, that's a bunch of crap. I hunt in several states and have been approached my many fish and game officers, none of which have treated me like the CG&F. Sorry guys but there are a lot of other western states that are a lot more attractive and affordable than Cal.jus my two cents....

I will resay, Hunting and fishing all over SoCal and The Sierras, I've encountered many Fish and Game wardens and NONE are like those in SD. Not sure if it's where they stick the newbies or if its because the presure from so many of the tree huggers in SD county. I don't know, Just the very clearly have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to hunters.

outdoordave said:
oneazbowhunter said:

I will resay, Hunting and fishing all over SoCal and The Sierras, I've encountered many Fish and Game wardens and NONE are like those in SD. Not sure if it's where they stick the newbies or if its because the presure from so many of the tree huggers in SD county. I don't know, Just the very clearly have a chip on their shoulder when it comes to hunters.
It because there trained by anti hunters is why

I'm not sure if they are actually trained by anti-hunters. But it would seem so. Outdoordave I couldn't agree more they definitely have a chip on their shoulder. I've hinted with G&F here in Az. Ain't no way in hell I hunt with G&F from Cal

Believe me I did not start this tread to bash on the DFG. I think they are most definitely a little out of control but if you abide by the laws you should not have any problems. I know mosts of us have been harassed way to many times (expecially when I fish salt water and the DFG try to give you grief for a fish you got and you have to explain to them the species and legal length). Once again I have no problems with what the DFG officer cited me for. I think it was a little over board. Like a cop giving you a ticket for going 39 mph in a posted 35 mph zone. I hade no beef with DFG. It was the DA that took this from a ticket to a jailible offense. That was the reason I put this whole ordeal up on this form for every one to see. Just be prepared to get an attorney if you ge r any ticket for any gun or game hunting charge. Even if it was as dumb as a short plug with only 3 rounds in the whole gun.

The uninformed voting demographics of this state coupled with the tree hugger's with cash who have their own mission have destroyed one of the best states to hunt and fish in. California as we knew it is over....

Snake Charmer said:
The uninformed voting demographics of this state coupled with the tree hugger's with cash who have their own mission have destroyed one of the best states to hunt and fish in. California as we knew it is over....

Agreed. 100%. And it's very unfortunate. We, too, are looking at moving out of state. Taxes, politics, economy...all reasons we're looking at getting out. I can't justify keeping my wife and son here any more. I make damn good money but we're still struggling to make ends meet.

Snake Charmer said:
100% true they took away a lot of our coastline last year with the mlpa the tree huggers are ruining our state

Its not the whole dept. Ive spent alot of time hunting and fishing in S.D. And Ive only had problems with the one officer. He is not anti hunter, He is anti Julian deer hunter. Unless you live there. So if you kill a nice deer up there make sure you have crossed all the t's and dotted all the I's. Because he will be looking for a mistake in your hunt and if he finds one then he will not excuse it. And he doesn't have to,The law is on his side. So if you kill a nice deer and you post it up on the internet make sure you did everything right ,because he uses these sites to build his case. But most of the guys I have ran into will give you a break if you make an honest mistake. I think the hunting in S.D. would be alot worse without them.

California certainly has its problems but look at the bright side; we have good cheese, great weather and happy cows! ;)

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu