THREE AMIGOS! 3 custom builds from FINE FIREARMS…

Thought I would post these three beauties! All three custom built by Jonathan @ Fine Firearms! Not a brag post just thought yall might enjoy! Just put my hands on #3 and mounted the scope today!! Breakdown from first build to last
Those are 3 serious setups!! Looks like you are running proof research barrels on all of them. Not inquiring on your load recipes, but in terms of bullets, do you find any similarities in what they like for accuracy?

I have one rifle with a proof barrel on it. I’ve run a few different bullets and loads through it and hands down it prefers the Hornady CX. I’ve set aside a little less than a 100 rounds in that setup dedicated for hunting that will last my lifetime. Getting ~1 MOA in other bullets such as Hornady ELDX, Bergers, Barnes TSX, etc.

Here testing different loads shooting 3 shot groups off bags at 100yrds w/the proof barrel. The Hornady CX always 0.5 moa or better.

IMG_9016.PNG

Reactions: JonnyZ and NBK
Those are 3 serious setups!! Looks like you are running proof research barrels on all of them. Not inquiring on your load recipes, but in terms of bullets, do you find any similarities in what they like for accuracy?

I have one rifle with a proof barrel on it. I’ve run a few different bullets and loads through it and hands down it prefers the Hornady CX. I’ve set aside a little less than a 100 rounds in that setup dedicated for hunting that will last my lifetime. Getting ~1 MOA in other bullets such as Hornady ELDX, Bergers, Barnes TSX, etc.

Here testing different loads shooting 3 shot groups off bags at 100yrds w/the proof barrel. The Hornady CX always 0.5 moa or better.

View attachment 62939
Honestly, I will share my load development with anybody if it was helpful! As far as bullets are concerned, specifically worked up loads with copper only for the 7 rm and it seems to like the 155 gr hammers. With the 6.5 it absolutely loves the 140 grain bergers and for hunting, It seems to like the 124 grain hammers. I do plan on eventually doing a load in copper for the 30 but as of right now I’m going to focus on the 215 grain hybrid targets.

Reactions: NBK
I bought some box ammo because I have an elk hunt in a few weeks and don’t want to rush load development. The gun didn’t shoot any of the Nosler factory ammo great. I bought a box of Choice ammunitions hand loaded 212gr eldx and it loved them! Her is my first 3 shot group along with the ballistics. I wish they would share the load info but for now, I think this will do!!

Attachments

• IMG_0649.jpeg
    IMG_0649.jpeg
    636.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0650.png
    IMG_0650.png
    330.4 KB · Views: 4
I bought some box ammo because I have an elk hunt in a few weeks and don’t want to rush load development. The gun didn’t shoot any of the Nosler factory ammo great. I bought a box of Choice ammunitions hand loaded 212gr eldx and it loved them! Her is my first 3 shot group along with the ballistics. I wish they would share the load info but for now, I think this will do!!
Thanks, that is good info. I’m going to look at trying Hammer bullets in the future. Have never cycled any. For my proof barrel, my Hornady CX is in the solid core copper 150gr in 7mm (in 280 ackley improved). One bullet did very well on an elk with a quick kill. Just need to validate that a couple of more times.

You are getting some phenomenal accuracy out of those rifles. Good luck on the NM elk outing and let us know how it went.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu