Three lions in 1 pic

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
In case there was ever a doubt that Lions can hunt in a pack. Maybe two of these three are grown cubs. But I’m glad to not be running into this crew.

.7F8D07CB-D6D5-46A8-84B4-41D69E2E1C30.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think it’s really uncommon. They hang with with Mom until she gives them the boot. There is a lot of anecdotal evidence of this and now with trail cams, we see it somewhat regularly on film. I’m certainly not the final word but I haven’t seen any descriptions of adult cats hunting together. Cool pic!

The studies in Wyoming show they do get along and eat together but hunting together hasn't been observed yet......and to top it off they are just guessing for the most part

Reactions: Goyaałé
Since you can’t use hounds and you can’t use bait. And you can’t use lights. How do you propose we hunt them if it was legal? So in reality, making it legal would not do much for cat management in California. They would be as hard to find as Bigfoot.
Deer season I had one sitting out in the open at 125 yards.. would've been an easy, flat shot across a canyon. @DanSanDiego can verify. Wish I could've taken it! Just sayin...

How things have changed....When I 1st started deer hunting here in Cali. Mountain lions actually had a bounty on them.....$50.00 for males and $65.00 for females....Somewhere in the 60's that was ended.....Oh, and one of the worst predators, crows, had a .15 bounty.....Enough to pay for your shells.

WOW... I see a lot of excuses for not hunting mountain lions... So, I see no dogs, no lights etc... things need to change ASAP or no hunting will be allowed in California. First no lead ban, then dealers have to have FFL to sell ammo, 10 round mags only. We have to take the people out of office that is destroying hunting or they will put a end to all outdoor activities. Just saying.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu