Time is short...make it count

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
Dove season ends Dec 24th. Rabbit (cottontail) season ends January 27th. Quail (if you Are lucky enough to find) ends Jan 27th. This is a great time of year. Go for rabbits and dove (with a wild hair for quail if present). Bring in a weekend’s worth of meals in a single outing.
Don’t just wait for Spring turkey or the Fall. Now is the time to get and stock up with great tasting field game!

I'll be chasing ditch ducks, gallos, yotes, quail and bobcat tomorrow morning. Hope I can connect with something, camcorder in bag to get me some footage also. Good Luck guys!!! get some!!
My last trip to the IV I saw all of the above except bobcat, plus dove and rabbits. It’s that magical season when just about anything that moves is legal to shoot at.

My last trip to the IV I saw all of the above except bobcat, plus dove and rabbits. It’s that magical season when just about anything that moves is legal to shoot at.
With a lot o' luck it's possible to do that slam. One of my past trips to the IV we shot doves and rabbit, almost ran over a pheasant and quail crossing the road, had a yote come out at 20 yards, and saw bobcat tracks. Oh we had some mallards fly over also but it was September. I'd call that a combo platter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

With a lot o' luck it's possible to do that slam. One of my past trips to the IV we shot doves and rabbit, almost ran over a pheasant and quail crossing the road, had a yote come out at 20 yards, and saw bobcat tracks. Oh we had some mallards fly over also but it was September. I'd call that a combo platter.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I’ve gotten a triple - dove, quail, and rabbit - but haven’t managed a slam. A slam is very doable if it is the goal.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu