Tormented by doves

WaterDawg

Nov 20, 2016
So last weekend in the IV I saw 5 mournings for every shooter (ECD). Then on a job site the other day these guys were staring me down in the warehouse.

1081FDFE-D974-4CC5-9C6C-BE96F82F2477.jpeg
I had to refocus and not just stand there day dreaming about the upcoming dove opener. Come on 9/1 !

Reactions: SurfNHuntSD
The wife and I took a drive out to our new 20 acre place 25miles west of Lancaster and we have mornings and euros everywhere. Now we just got to wait for the house to be ready.
20 acres. Nice!! Start practicing euro head shots with your air rifle lol.

You think that's bad? Look what's taunting me a couple times a week when I drop my wife off at her school she teaches at...
img_1460.jpg

You think that's bad? Look what's taunting me a couple times a week when I drop my wife off at her school she teaches at...
img_1460.jpg
All things in due time my friend. Dove season first, then ducks and honkers.

I see these guys all the time at Mission Bay..
217a73fcb3f8a1924221c0bfb31490e1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
When I was a kid there were duck hunting clubs in upper Newport Bay. Those sites are now a Mercedes dealership and a class A office building. I wonder if Mission bay or San Diego bay have a similar history?

When I was a kid there were duck hunting clubs in upper Newport Bay. Those sites are now a Mercedes dealership and a class A office building. I wonder if Mission bay or San Diego bay have a similar history?
I thought there used to be some brant hunting in SD Bay and offshore back in the day.. maybe I'm wrong.

Just wait... Steve has pictures of that as well....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep....I started hunting San Diego Bay in the 70's, but had met a couple of old timers that had hunted since the 30's....I actually got many of their old wooden decoys, duck stamps, and calls....The entire coast of San Diego County was a series of duck clubs....Hunted Tamarack and La Costa lagoons.

This picture with my cousins was our last hunt in San Diego bay (1986)….That's Coronado Cavs in the back ground.

.sd bay '86.jpg

Last edited:
Yep....I started hunting San Diego Bay in the 70's, but had met a couple of old timers that had hunted since the 30's....I actually got many of their old wooden decoys, duck stamps, and calls....The entire coast of San Diego County was a series of duck clubs....Hunted Tamarack and La Costa lagoons.

This picture with my cousins was our last hunt in San Diego bay (1986)….That's Coronado Cavs in the back ground.

.View attachment 35754
That's rad Steve.. sure wish we had those opportunities now. We gotta cherish what we have now I guess. My grandpa had stories of deer hunting in the early 50's in the "hills" of east county, which probably just meant current day Scripps Ranch or something lol.

.View attachment 35754
1986. I would have thought it ceased long before that. Great stories steve!

You guys are funny....You should have heard the stories from REAL old timers....I'm ONLY 70.....lol

San Diego Bay...1976...Bluebills, buffleheads, and surf scoters....Old 870 and a swamp collie.

.san diego 1976.jpg

Reactions: Smokey58 and TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu