Tough year

utahduckhunter

Aug 11, 2015
southern utah
Well turkey season open here in Utah and it has been a tough sent the opener. Opening morning was windy and rain had a bird fly off the roost and landed about 65 yards from me so didn't take the little to far watch him go on his way.i been seeing lots turkey still hen up here . So today went other spot heard few gobble got sit up gave couple call nothing so move down little bit heard more gobble got set up had bird coming towards me . Long story short this is same place I miss my bird last year I think this place does not like me or I am curse there miss other bird there today . Got figure out what is going on with me

• Wow
Reactions: Dawnandusk
Unless you know the birds are out of sight, sit tight and make them come to you. They can see far better than you. . Check area between your set up and where they were calling from. Look for any natural barriers which would make them change there rout. Patience is the name of the game.

Hang with 'em, Richard....At least you had a bird come in....In my 3 days over there, I heard one gobble and saw one hen....Turkey hunting has also gotten very popular too....I'll be back over next weak.

ps....Check your shotgun....At 15 yds, your pattern is really tight.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu