Trail cam recommendation, around $100?

Jackpot

Jan 27, 2020
Murrieta
Was wondering if you guys have any recommendation on a decent trail came in the $100 range. Also maybe brands to stay away from. Wanting to get one but a lot of mixed reviews on them. Thanks.

This is a Wildgame Innovations cam that I just opened the package on...Wally World was blowing them out for like 20 bucks...Included a MB card and 8 batteries...Seems to work as good as any of the others.

.https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wildgame-Innovations-Razor-Extreme-14MP-Lightsout-Game-Camera-Bundle-BATTERIES-AND-SD-CARD-INCLUDED/522039213

.075.JPG

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
This is a Wildgame Innovations cam that I just opened the package on...Wally World was blowing them out for like 20 bucks...Included a MB card and 8 batteries...Seems to work as good as any of the others.

.https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wildgame-Innovations-Razor-Extreme-14MP-Lightsout-Game-Camera-Bundle-BATTERIES-AND-SD-CARD-INCLUDED/522039213

.View attachment 44478
This^^^

I got one from Wally world for $30 and it's better quality then the $80 stealth cam my
father in law gave me.

VideoCapture_20191126-064228.jpg

Attachments

• WGI_0024.mp4
    15.7 MB
Reactions: ilovesprig
Damn, even better. I assumed those pics were from something costly. Won’t feel as bad if it gets taken either. Thanks.
My thoughts exactly. I secured it with zip ties and went back for it the following week. But I would feel less compelled to do that if I spent a lot for it.

I have a Stealth Cam 4k that I really like but I also have a less expensive Stealth Cam that I don’t like. the image quality is poor and so are the controls. I also have a Moultrie camera. Between the two brands I’ve used, I recommend Moultrie.

I’m with Sprig... I’d buy 3x of the $20-$30ish Wildgame Innovations equivalent cams rather than 1x $100 cam, especially if your putting them out on public.

I have 3-4 of the wildgame cams and have found them to perform just as well as my more expensive bushnell cam. Plus at their price, if one gets stolen it’s no sweat off my back (though I’ve still never had happen)

I have 3 Moultrie that stoped working.
I like the Cuddeback. They cost more than 100.00 but I have 7 and they are all still working like new. I have them out year round just for fun. This year I'll be selling half of them on ebay and and upgrading to the new cell cameras to save on 50 bucks on gas every few weeks.

.I__00013.JPGI__00037.JPGI__00044.JPGI__00062.JPGI__00012222.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can find them on sale the Togaurd H40 or H45 can be good cheap cams to pick up. I got my H45 for $30 something, but most places are out of stock on them right now it seems. Can get some H40's in from China for like only $20.99 so you could get 4 of them $100 shipped if your willing to wait the 2 or 3 weeks for them. Only thing they don't do is the temp but I don't think the extra money is worth it. $100 for a single cam is crazy to me, with the extra cams you can cover more areas of have a second one up in a tree pointing at your first one and catch the person that steals your first one, lol.

Reactions: Littlmama
Ended up grabbing that Wildgame-Innovations-Razor-Extreme-. Just tried it out in the yard last night. Easy to use and pics came out good. Thanks for recommendation. Going to get out this weekend and do some scouting. I’ll post some pics if I get any.

Ended up grabbing that Wildgame-Innovations-Razor-Extreme-. Just tried it out in the yard last night. Easy to use and pics came out good. Thanks for recommendation. Going to get out this weekend and do some scouting. I’ll post some pics if I get any.

A little recommendation....Make sure the camera is set so you don't have a lot of moving branches or brush in the POV...You'll come back to about a 1000 pix...Now for the fun... :blush:

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer

.View attachment 44478
@ilovesprig thanks for the Wildgame Innovations recommendation. Picked up a couple and well worth the minimal investment. Easy to use and great picture quality both at night and day.

Reactions: ilovesprig
@Morgan1776
I buy cameras with reasonable resolution, at a low price because I put them out in public land, and yaes they have been stolen.
camo. best as possible , it's heart breaking even for low cost cameras to be stolen.
good luck to you

Heard some talk of a guy who if he finds your camera, leaves a $20 and just takes your memory card.

A little recommendation....Make sure the camera is set so you don't have a lot of moving branches or brush in the POV...You'll come back to about a 1000 pix...Now for the fun... :blush:
@ilovesprig great recommendation on moving branches affecting setup. I'll add another suggestion, don't strap your camera to a tree that sways in the wind or you'll come back to 1,486 pictures....20200627_125102.jpg
What do you guys use for exposure and delay?

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu