Trailer questions

Turkeynugs

Jun 2, 2017
Not exactly hunting related but I’m going to be getting a hand me down fifth wheel in the very near future and have a couple questions that I figured were worth asking here...

I live in Poway and don’t have room to park it at my house so I need somewhere safe to store it. It’s 26’ and don’t really want to drive more than 30 minutes from my house to pick it up/drop it off when needed. Does anyone have any storage suggestions that won’t completely break the bank?

I also will need to have a new hitch installed in my truck. Any recommendations for fair-priced shops in the county that do good work?

Thanks a lot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my recommendation is sell it and when you want to go camping rent one. Money pits especially if you have to pay to store them. You can rent a motor home for $100 a night. Then return it for the rental place to worry about.

This....One year of rental fees will probably be more than it's worth...Now, If you don't mind driving to Niland...Paul gets $180.00 a year at Niland Storage.

Valid point for sure. The trailer is free to me if I want it but the storage/parking fees that I’m finding online are pretty brutal. Steve that’s a great deal out in Niland but it’s just a little bit outside of my ideal 30 minute travel zone!

Reactions: ilovesprig
Valid point for sure. The trailer is free to me if I want it but the storage/parking fees that I’m finding online are pretty brutal. Steve that’s a great deal out in Niland but it’s just a little bit outside of my ideal 30 minute travel zone!

Not to mention your trailer will rot in the sun out there short order.

Trailers are like boats, you want friends with them... now if you are retired, or you really think you are going to be using it a couple times a month to warrant the storage and maintenance expense. Then by all means. But usually it sounds like a good idea initially and then ends up sitting being unused more then not.

sell it, unless you have good, good friend.
plus the DMV fees once a year, plus maintenance.
but that said how often are you using it, weight the diffrence
ricks RV did a good job for me, electric brake, and hitch

Reactions: Turkeynugs
my recommendation is sell it and when you want to go camping rent one. Money pits especially if you have to pay to store them. You can rent a motor home for $100 a night. Then return it for the rental place to worry about.
All about fun RV rentals in Ramona is what you want.
You can PM me I have a guy that I rent from who drops it of where I want it and picks it up. It has 2 bedrooms and a fire place. Wife loves it.

We have 1/2 acre and a big storage area on the side of my house so we bought a 28’ travel trailer. We bought 2 years old, hardly used for $15k off new price because someone else was sick of paying $350/month! They kid it for two years and used it four times. So four trips cost them $8400 in storage fees and $10-15k in depreciation.

Expensive camping trips

If you get a membership at Tejon Ranch, they only charge you $100 a month to store it at the campground!!! ;)

Reactions: Turkeynugs
If you get a membership at Tejon Ranch, they only charge you $100 a month to store it at the campground!!! ;)

I’ll pitch that to the wife as a money-saving strategy and see how it goes...

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu