Trout being stocked locally. Good time to fish if you’re not water fowling

DanSanDiego

Venison for Thanksgiving 2016
Sep 18, 2014
134D39B6-01B6-4395-B7C7-B716E8C17F9B.jpeg
Some trophies being stocked at Lake Poway.
I usually go for catfish when there (they bite any time of day) but will bring out the powerbait this weekend to catch a trout or two.
Cottontail season ends 01/27 and Quail is similar. Now is the time to fill up on trout until Turkey season.
Monday (holiday) could be a good day to fill up some SCH trolling motor rental boats at Poway if anyone else is interested in trout.

No license required for Poway or Dixon! I usually fish Dixon but I would be down for a morning of fishing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: longbowhunter2
$49.95 for fresh water if read it correctly. Ugggg
65 and older with income $900 a month. $7.95
Who can live on $900 a month shhh

Last edited:
Look at it this way.....It's over a 100 bucks just to go to Disneyland for the DAY!
The Wife is taking the boys to universal studios today $130 per ticket not to mention all
the overpriced souvenirs and food. It will be at least a $600 day.
On the plus side I don’t buy a 2nd rod stamp I am to busy tending to my 4 kids tangles, fish etc to even have a rod in the water anymore. Excited to get them back out in the ocean and start fishing again.

The Wife is taking the boys to universal studios today $130 per ticket not to mention all
the overpriced souvenirs and food. It will be at least a $600 day.
On the plus side I don’t buy a 2nd rod stamp I am to busy tending to my 4 kids tangles, fish etc to even have a rod in the water anymore. Excited to get them back out in the ocean and start fishing again.
It is ridiculous how expensive it has gotten to take a kid to Disney or Universal.... Good thing I took mine when they were little 20 years ago...

Reactions: HortoTheSlayer
It is ridiculous how expensive it has gotten to take a kid to Disney or Universal.... Good thing I took mine when they were little 20 years ago...
My wife and kids have an annual Disneyland pass. I turn a blind eye to the cost as long as I can spend that day hunting while they stand in line for the teacups. Trump negotiation skills!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu