TTU was great!

MasonP

Nov 21, 2021
I know this is a bit late, but I’ve been celebrating my 30th birthday for pretty much the last 5 days.

I had a great time at the TTU! It was great meeting and hanging with Steve, Nick, Marc, Horto, Barn, and everyone else from SCH and NWTF.

Steve gave me my first taste of wild game with his delicious venison chili, elk burger (hot DAMN was this the best burger I’ve ever had) wild turkey and the snow goose which was on par with some of the best steaks I’ve ever eaten.

The event itself was a ton of fun, got to hang with Ryan and his buddies a bit, learn the anatomy of the wild turkeys, and hearing from the ol green jeans was cool too.

Bonus, won a hunt on lake Sutherland and am going to get to learn from Robert on my first true hunting outing (and then dodging my GF when I get home since it’s our anniversary the day we are hunting )

Overall, a great weekend, even with freezing my ass off being the only guy dumb enough to tent camp when it was 20 degrees outside. Even the lady in the store called me insane.

Last edited:
Congrats again on the win and sounds like it was a great trip down to the 16 for ya! Nice chatting with you dude and good luck on your hunt with Robert!! I'll be hunting Corral on 4/20.

And unless you're married tell your GF these anniversaries don't count..if she's upset she might not be the one..I told my wife to hold the baby in until after the tune up..she begrudgingly obliged..she's damn lucky to have me!

Congrats again on the win and sounds like it was a great trip down to the 16 for ya! Nice chatting with you dude and good luck on your hunt with Robert!! I'll be hunting Corral on 4/20.

And unless you're married tell your GF these anniversaries don't count..if she's upset she might not be the one..I told my wife to hold the baby in until after the tune up..she begrudgingly obliged..she's damn lucky to have me!
Thanks bro!

The 16 was good to me, hopefully it continues to be. I liked the look of the land, will probably try to get a 16 deer tag as opposed to the 13/15.

She knows they don’t count, but since it’s the first she at least wants to see me. Maybe I can send flowers to make up for it LOL

Thanks bro!

The 16 was good to me, hopefully it continues to be. I liked the look of the land, will probably try to get a 16 deer tag as opposed to the 13/15.

She knows they don’t count, but since it’s the first she at least wants to see me. Maybe I can send flowers to make up for it LOL
Take a picture for her.

Reactions: MasonP
Mason,

Great meeting you as well...All the best on your hunt at Sutherland (what zone?)...Way to gut it out Friday night....:zzz:

ps...That was Canada goose.... :yum

.View attachment 53575
We are doing browns cove! I’m excited for it, hopefully I’ll have a good story. Canada goose! I thought I had it wrong, but wasn’t sure. The cold must have frozen my brain.

• Haha
Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu