TURKEY CHOKES

MAG 1

So I picked up a FRANCHI AFFINITY 20 gauge for my daughter and am looking to get a new turkey choke.
I am a littler confused on what brand to get. One web site says get Benelli the other says get Beretta.
Looking for some help. Any advice will be appreciated. THANKS

I believe they all run the Mobil Chokes, so they should be interchangeable. I have a Kicks High Flyer XF that I use on my Affinity for turkey and patterns great. But when I bought it, on the Kicks site u can select Franchi specifically, separately from Beretta/Benelli. The bag my factory chokes came in say Benelli, so I figure they're the same system.

To add.. Benelli also uses the Crio system in some of its newer models. So I would definitely check which Ben/Ber system they sell.

Mark,

Benelli, Franchi, and Beretta are all the same company (think GM).....I would purchase a choke tube that is specific to Hevi-Shot or Heavy Weight (Federal).....You can use a plain lead full, Imp. Mod, or Modified.....When we patterned Hevi-Shot the best pattern at 40 yds was Imp. modified (heavier & denser than lead).....Stefanie shoots a lead full for her turkeys in her Benelli M-2 20 gauge.....I do believe the choke tubes are the same for a newer Franchi Afiinity.

If you want, we can try them at the NWTF Spring Turkey Tune-Up.

Back