Turkey hunting

Gfountain39

Mar 15, 2021
Hello fellow turkey hunters!
I am new to this page and turkey hunting in this area! I go to SDSU and play football there. I am an avid hunter and have hunted turkeys all my life but I’m have a little trouble finding public ground down in San Diego county does anyone have any pointers! Not looking to take anyone’s spot but just a few ideas on where I should look. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello fellow turkey hunters!
I am new to this page and turkey hunting in this area! I go to SDSU and play football there. I am an avid hunter and have hunted turkeys all my life but I’m have a little trouble finding public ground down in San Diego county does anyone have any pointers! Not looking to take anyone’s spot but just a few ideas on where I should look. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PM sent

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Wadell, Nothing more than a celebity that takes advantage of local skill than that. The locals who knew showed him a Henshaw long beard and it went national. Nothing more than that... Sorry I've seen this too much with these guys who travel and kill anything that others lead them to on T.V. A'll of us know who live out her know about that ....

Wadell, Nothing more than a celebity that takes advantage of local skill than that. The locals who knew showed him a Henshaw long beard and it went national. Nothing more than that... Sorry I've seen this too much with these guys who travel and kill anything that others lead them to on T.V. A'll of us know who live out her know about that ....

He was very nice, autographed the boys calls, and took us all to breakfast...Josh even got to call in the birds for them...:blush:

GOOD F*CKING GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

some people just have to find something to bitch about.
Not bitching, just saying he had no local knowledge and needed to make a show and add to his bank account. He bought you breakfast ? tax write off for his production company nothing more... Yea probably a great guy but would not have made the trip without knowing he had help sorry I don't buy into this celibrity show B.S. The best post I read last year was the local fellow who hiked in with his buddy remote in the Lagunas after doing his homework and how he and his buddy killed two turkey's in two days each. I respect that big time. all of it done on his own dime and time. we all see birds on the side of the hill where we all know they they live but it is private with no chance of access. No disrespect to those that guided Michael just want to point it's not the same for all the folks that put in the work. Those hard working folks need to know that is not a level playing field and when they succeed it is a great thing. I wish I had the birds we had fifteen years ago so I could give folks a better chance of getting a bird but they are just not here at the moment. Maybe they will come back and I can help. No disrespect Steve and Mark I just see it a different way

He bought you breakfast ? tax write off for his production company nothing more...

Come on...that is just emotional ignorance right there. "tax write off" just means that he gets a 25% to 30% "discount" on things he purchased and but the rest is still coming out of pocket. Never met or heard of the guy before but I am not a fan of assuming that all acts of kindness are fueled by greed.

Not bitching, just saying he had no local knowledge and needed to make a show and add to his bank account. He bought you breakfast ? tax write off for his production company nothing more... Yea probably a great guy but would not have made the trip without knowing he had help sorry I don't buy into this celibrity show B.S. The best post I read last year was the local fellow who hiked in with his buddy remote in the Lagunas after doing his homework and how he and his buddy killed two turkey's in two days each. I respect that big time. all of it done on his own dime and time. we all see birds on the side of the hill where we all know they they live but it is private with no chance of access. No disrespect to those that guided Michael just want to point it's not the same for all the folks that put in the work. Those hard working folks need to know that is not a level playing field and when they succeed it is a great thing. I wish I had the birds we had fifteen years ago so I could give folks a better chance of getting a bird but they are just not here at the moment. Maybe they will come back and I can help. No disrespect Steve and Mark I just see it a different way
I’m guessing he started out the same way as most of us did by working hard to get where he’s at. Hell, if I got stuff thrown my way to make my life easier I’d most likely take advantage of said offers too.

Reactions: DoubleTrouble
Come on...that is just emotional ignorance right there. "tax write off" just means that he gets a 25% to 30% "discount" on things he purchased and but the rest is still coming out of pocket. Never met or heard of the guy before but I am not a fan of assuming that all acts of kindness are fueled by greed.
Check your tax code it's much better than that. I live and die in this tax code....

I’m guessing he started out the same way as most of us did by working hard to get where he’s at. Hell, if I got stuff thrown my way to make my life easier I’d most likely take advantage of said offers too.
Yep, I agree and good for him as he makes a living that all of wish we could do (not me). Great guy I am sure as he is a southern gentleman. Just not my cup of tea ....

What did I start? Michael Waddell is a down to earth guy. I talked to him one time in Vegas at shot show. That was a cool weekend in itself.

Good luck to you guys out gettin' it DONE this weekend. I'll be think of you while I'm here at home nursing 3 broken ribs..

Ps. broken ribs sucks.
Pss. It's not the fall that hurts it's the sudden stop at the end that hurts.... that's all I'm going to say about that.

Reactions: MAG 1

Fred have you left the Dog ranch much lately ???

• Haha
Reactions: JakeSCH
Good luck in the morning to everyone, I won’t be able to get out till mid next week headed up towards Napa area. Hope they are gobbling

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu