Turkey Lawsuit

Cgruwell05

Oct 11, 2014
Escondido
See link below...

http://m.utsandiego.com/news/2015/mar/11/outdoors-lawsuit-turkeys-julian/

I'm not sure if this has been brought up on the forum yet but saw this in the paper yesterday! What has this world come to?!?

:mad:

First off I think the motorcycle must've been a motorized scooter. I'm pretty sure that chick did successfully sue poway about pigs in her car.

I especially love the overhunting part because there's no Jake's no one mentions the lack of rain it takes for baby turkeys to get there bugs to actually survive

Thanks for posting. There is one more turkey in Julian that Steve hasn't been counting. Let's hope he has the sense not to wear red, white or blue during spring season.

Chad,

Thanks for posting this......Got it this morning......Just goes to show that people can sue for anything...... :-[

Expect to see some of these signs soon.......... ::)

Attachments

• DSCF1127.JPG
    DSCF1127.JPG
    354.4 KB · Views: 38
All I can say is learn to drive. I mean really. I drive figuring something will be in the way so as a responsible driver I'm always ready.

i dont mean to offend any one here if you ride your motorcyle like a mad person but i see it all the time bikes going waay to fast as well. I was out with my wife and dog this weekend in the snow up in angeles forrest and we were first on scene to a 39 yr old female that crashed her bike. she passed us doing 80+. 5 minutes later we came upon her laying in the middle of the road. she broke her pelvis, femur and had some lower back issues when we finally got her into the helo for evac to the hospital. I wonder if the man with the turkey had been going a reasonable speed if he would have been able to avoid it.

Being in our local mountains a lot. I've seen a lot of fatalities on motorcycles.....Most drive way to fast and seem to have a death wish....... ???

I'm sure there's plenty of turkey vs driver accidents in our mountains......Just like the deer.....I know of at least one person that was killed in Mesa Grande when he hit a turkey (or visa versa)......The only reason they knew was because the turkey was dead too.

I think it's silly to speculate that the motorcycle rider was doing something wrong. Maybe he's as good of a rider as GSPman is a driver.... ::)

Unless there's evidence all you have is his side of the story. The most rediculous part about this story is that dbag is suing a group over what a WILD turkey allegedly did.....

So if it was a bobcat that ran out in front of him, who does he sue? What about a squirrel? It's always someone else's fault attitude....

It's always someone else's fault attitude....

That's the mentality of a lot of people these days. Lack of responsibility for there own actions. If it doesn't go there way they try to get something back out of it.
Just accept what happened and walk away and learn from it.

Lungpopper said:
It's always someone else's fault attitude....

That's the mentality of a lot of people these days. Lack of responsibility for there own actions. If it doesn't go there way they try to get something back out of it.
Just accept what happened and walk away and learn from it.

Thi is more or less what I was getting at. I admit I have a lot more training on all types of vehicals then most drivers out there I have training to drive 18 wheelers, 6xs, all types of busses, bikes and cars at SUVs at pursute speeds but all I was saying is most and I mean the vast majority of "accidents" could have been avoided if the person was driving at appropriate speeds for conditions and ability. Most loss of control situations could have been avoided if the driver had not panicked and knew how to safely slow before swerving. Swerving is one of the most dangerous things people can do. However like said above life happens especially in the mountains in nature.

Where is fleet when we need him, this guy should be cited for illegal hunting with a motorcycle. Jail time is called for and I am thinking a women's jail is appropriate.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu