Turkey opener

D16hunter

Jun 28, 2012
San Diego
Well yesterday morning me and my dad woke up late by accident but we have no pressure after i killed a monster tom last sunday. We decided to drive around to a couple small local spots their were birds everywhere but not in legal places. We saw this double bearded bird though.qeve9ape.jpg
We finnaly got to our spot by 7:30 or so and we hiked in about a mile hearing fake gobbles on private land courtesy of the dfg. We started hearing real gobbles about a mile away. After seeing a few toms 500 yards away but their were people set up everywhere so we had no chance at em. We finnaly caught a break about a mile and a half in at our spot when we heard a gobble about 150 yards away from where i saw a group of toms last saturday. that i would have killed if hikers hadnt charged out right behind us. We called they responded and we had em in at around fifty yards and couldnt see em heard no gobbles or anything then we heard a gobble about 200 yards away and the birds had moved we had no shot and it was getting late by then around 11.
At around 7pm i was gettin restless sittin around at a restaurant after dinner. So i decided to walk about a mile to roost some birds. I found some roosting in a tree where my dad killed one sitting against that tree 364 days before.
Later last night me and my dad looked some more for roosting birds and found two more groups.
Im headin out to hunt right now wish me luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Invisible man said:
That's a strange pic. He looks like he is in ice plant in some ones yard. And I see land scape lighting and a sprinkler head in the back ground.
Thats because it is saw him on the way to my spot yesterday

Invisible man said:
Stay after them D16. Your right the pressure is off of you. Now you can relax and enjoy the rest of the season.
Im gonna enjoy the rest of the season but i sure as hell aint gonna sit back and relax im gonna keep hunting hard

Where is the picture of "I killed a monster tom last sunday"? ??? ??? ???

NBK said:
Where is the picture of "I killed a monster tom last sunday"? ??? ??? ???
Posted it on a thread i started a couple more hours heres the pic scince you missed it he was a 10 inch tom vetarydu.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu