Turner's Turkey Seminar Thursday 3-19-15

Every little bit that I learn is an improvement!! Thanks guys. Here's Steve with an imaginary shotgun with a call on the barrel. Tell me again where I can get a map that will show all the public & private lands? Also, which areas are archery only?
It was nice seeing some folks, and nice meeting you Gen.

Attachments

• Turner's Turkey.jpg
    Turner's Turkey.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 15
Had a great time tonight......Real nice turn-out as well......Those maps can be purchased on line or any CNF office......Google is your friend......lol

Thanks Gen for coming up......It's always great listening to you call......Sorry you couldn't go to Hooter's afterwards with us...... ;)

Had a great time and it was nice meeting some of the SCH'rs. Sorry about my boys, I thought if I pump them full of sugar they would play instead of wrestle each other.

I'm always available to help with calls and hunting techniques that has helped me. When I first started turkey hunting, there weren't any seminars like this other than the original turkey tune up that took place under a big 100year old oak on Eagle Peak ranch. Those days if you didn't have 4x4, you couldn't get to the tune up lol. Things have come a long way since then and many of us have more experience compared to those days so it's nice to pass the knowledge down.

great evening at turners last night lots info and great calling demo by Gen, heres some of the action

http://youtu.be/LnyvipciC0I

Steve, lots of great info last night. Very good seminar. Got to stay for about 45 minutes until the 4 year old got rowdy. 8 year old loved the calling demonstrations though.

On a side note, one of the guys mentioned that App that you could buy, OnX...... I searched that, came up with OnX Hunt App for Verizon, and the one I got was free (Not $30 like he said). Have not tried it out yet, so not sure if it's the same one, but it looks cool. Headed out into the backcountry for work today all around BLM land, so I will see how it works.

The sounds of sweet children in the background are my little monsters lol. I didn't realize how loud they were.

Matagi said:
The sounds of sweet children in the background are my little monsters lol. I didn't realize how loud they were.

The ones with the crow/locator call???? That was well timed, I might add....... ;)

Vermonster said:
Steve, lots of great info last night. Very good seminar. Got to stay for about 45 minutes until the 4 year old got rowdy. 8 year old loved the calling demonstrations though.

On a side note, one of the guys mentioned that App that you could buy, OnX...... I searched that, came up with OnX Hunt App for Verizon, and the one I got was free (Not $30 like he said). Have not tried it out yet, so not sure if it's the same one, but it looks cool. Headed out into the backcountry for work today all around BLM land, so I will see how it works.

its a 7 day free trial to see if you like it....i bought it, its well worth the 30 bux

That would be my crazy 3yo. I got home and that crow call was drenched in spit lol. Definitely going to disinfect that thing before using it.

wiley said:
Vermonster said:
its a 7 day free trial to see if you like it....i bought it, its well worth the 30 bux

Thanks, just realized that as I logged on to try it out. But man, it's a great site. Immediately scrolled to where I will be hunting tomorrow, saw all the landowners' names surrounding the public land, great topo map, etc. Very cool Ap.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu