Crosman999

Jul 26, 2015
Ventura, CA
Hey guys, had a beautiful few days in the mountains with a New model PCP rifle. This is a small 34" Brocock Bantam that gets over 120+ shots in .22 caliber. Marley and I spent a few days in a remote camping spot to film this hunt, was very pleased with our success considering the monsoonal like weather. Was HOT as %&*t and HUMID that made a few problems for my camera equipment. We managed 5 cottontails and a Jackrabbit, best luck I've had in this particular area. I think the video documents everything very well, I stuck to a less technical format and pretty much just focused on the features that stood out the most. Enjoy the footage! :blush:

Reactions: Smokey58
Great video bud, keep putting them out. Im subscribed. I don't hunt rabbit at all, I run dogs on gray fox but love to watch other kinds of hunting.

Reactions: Crosman999
nice outing. hey so ive been wanting to try this air file thing out. what kinda rifles do you suggest i look into? you can pm me when you get a chance. thanks.

Reactions: Crosman999
Great video bud, keep putting them out. Im subscribed. I don't hunt rabbit at all, I run dogs on gray fox but love to watch other kinds of hunting.

My favorite uncle in Oregon used to run grey fox with beagles...One of the funnest things I've ever done...Always ran in small circles...He could tell it was a red, if it ran in a big circle (1 mile).

Is it still legal in California?

My favorite uncle in Oregon used to run grey fox with beagles...One of the funnest things I've ever done...Always ran in small circles...He could tell it was a red, if it ran in a big circle (1 mile).

I'm not aware of the legalities of hunting Foxes here in CA with dogs. Does look fun though!

Definitely recommend reading in the regs about Fox. They have a season, and there were some peculiar rules regarding them that I remember. I wanna say you couldn't use eCallers for calling them in? I remember being surprised by all the conditional statements they put on them.

Yes it is legal. Yeah grays tend to run in circles but not always. It is one way to tell if your dogs are running a gray or trashing on a coyote. It is extremely challenging but very worth it.

(F) Seasons.1. Gray Fox. Dogs may be trained on gray fox from March 1 through the day preceding the opening of the general gray fox season
(b) Gray fox may be taken as follows:
  • (1) Season and Area: November 24 through the last day of February, statewide.
  • (2) Bag and Possession Limit: No limit.
  • (3) Dogs may be permitted to pursue gray fox in the course of breaking, training, or practicing dogs in accordance with the provisions of Section 265 of these regulations.

Reactions: ilovesprig

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu