Two spots, 0 dove :(

outdoordave

Jul 5, 2012
Murrieta, CA
Headed out to east county this AM, then to a local spot by Temecula. Did not even see a single bird. Came across a few other hunters leaving said they had the same report. Sad, where have all the birds gone?

Jose, I was down in between Warner Springs and Julian... I almost tagged a cow, somehow it had gotten out and was out wandering the road, came over a hill and like, HELLO?!

When looking for places in the local mountains. (like the area you were in) I have had the best luck around water (ponds). The birds will hit the water in the last hour and a half of daylight. But you have to find the right water source.

Thanks Lung, the area has water, (not a pond) probably not the one they were looking for. Could have been a combo though of wind, rain (not a flood, but enough to turn on my wipers) and opening weekend. Saw at least 5 or 6 birds worth of feathers on the ground. Last year the spot was pretty good. All hope is not lost, just ordered a few more BLM maps so I can start looking for other spots.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu