Type A/B Pass for upland game?

stig

Aug 8, 2023
OC, CA
Hi all, first post here and new to hunting!

I'm in So Cal (OC) and wondering if it useful at all to get a Type A or Type B Wildlife Area Season Pass? I plan to hunt within 1-3 hour distance from OC. My plan is to start with Upland Game birds, maybe duck and I would love to turkey hunt.

stig,

Welcome to SCH....You do NOT need a pass on Type B Wildlife Areas and Type A is mostly for waterfowl...To break even on the the Type A pass, you need to go about 9 times...Personally, I would NOT buy one (I do, but I go quite abit... ;) )

Concentrate your efforts in the Imperial valley....Lots of upland and waterfowl, if you go that direction.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu