Type A Land Pass Expiration

Tgriff619

I bought my Type A land pass for a 1/8/22 Wister hunt just before the new year so it is dated 2021. On the top it indicates it it can only be used in the year indicated on the pass. Does anyone know is this hunting season year so 21/22 or the actual calendar year? I'd hate to get out to Wister and have an expired pass.

What really kind of sucks about those type A passes is if you buy one then don't have an opportunity to use it there's no refund, even a partial refund. I know, a lot of people will say, "don't buy one unless you're going to use it." Well, things change, people get sick, trucks break down, family or life events happen, bad sweatline draws even happen (meaning you're far down on the list and don't get out). That was one of the advantages of buying them at the check station when they did it that way. You didn't buy one then unless you were for sure going out. Anyway, it'd be interesting if there was a stat on how much money the DFW makes in unused type A pass fees. If you go a lot a season pass makes sense as when you have (I think it is) 8 hunts in you've paid a little less than 8 type A passes would have cost so any more hunts are sort of like a bonus for you.

What really kind of sucks about those type A passes is if you buy one then don't have an opportunity to use it there's no refund, even a partial refund. I know, a lot of people will say, "don't buy one unless you're going to use it." Well, things change, people get sick, trucks break down, family or life events happen, bad sweatline draws even happen (meaning you're far down on the list and don't get out). That was one of the advantages of buying them at the check station when they did it that way. You didn't buy one then unless you were for sure going out. Anyway, it'd be interesting if there was a stat on how much money the DFW makes in unused type A pass fees. If you go a lot a season pass makes sense as when you have (I think it is) 8 hunts in you've paid a little less than 8 type A passes would have cost so any more hunts are sort of like a bonus for you.

Between passes (day & season long) and reservation money.....DFW found a serious cash cow..... ;)

Back