Uh oh!

oh my wow! sad to see people there take this damage

Wow, we were near Westmoreland and got lots of rain, wind knocked down power lines. We had no power for 2 days. Ended up at America's Best in Westmoreland to take a nice shower and sleep in a cool room for the night. Heard Niland got hit bad. Hope the Buckshot survives this.

I also heard this but I don't know if it's true, I kind of doubt it. I was told the sea went up 3" from this storm.....the sea is like 30 some miles long I believe and to raise 3 vertical inches seems crazy to me.

Kind of like someone saying they have a 65' Belgium made Browning Citori......

Wow, that is devastating. We kept getting flood alerts for Niland when we were in Arizona, but never imagined it being that bad ! Thanks for sharing this, I know a lot of guys have been wondering.

Got an e-mail from Scott today...The campground has dried out nicely....................... :clap:

This is an update to the recent rain events in the Imperial County. As many of you know, Imperial Valley experienced heavy rainfall recently resulting in flash flooding. IID informed us that the Highline Canal was compromised and caused flooding throughout Niland and the surrounding areas including IWA. This event overwhelmed IID infrastructures causing flooding into Y15-A, Y15-B, Y14, W12-A, and the campgrounds. Some levee/road repair and debris removal will be conducted in the next few weeks as the area dries. IID has also informed us of repairs needed upstream that will halt water delivery for the next two weeks (or as soon as repairs are completed). This will create extra workloads, but should not affect 23-24 waterfowl opener. Stay tuned for more details as staff continues to work on the situation and Cris and I are engaged on seeing the repairs through. Thanks.

Scott Sewell

Senior Fish Wildlife Habitat Supervisor

Department of Fish and Wildlife

WLM, R-6/IDR, Staffed Lands

SJWA (951)928-0580

IWA (760)359-0577

[email protected]

I also heard this but I don't know if it's true, I kind of doubt it. I was told the sea went up 3" from this storm.....the sea is like 30 some miles long I believe and to raise 3 vertical inches seems crazy to me.

Kind of like someone saying they have a 65' Belgium made Browning Citori......
Wow! If true the sea has about 219,700 surface acres. A 3-inch rise would mean it received 54,925 Acre/feet of water. 54,925 Acre/feet is equal to 17,897,366,175 gallons of water.

Hopefully they dont waste time on the campground sure they have more important areas to repair

Last edited:

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu