Ultimate Accuracy or Ultra Velocity?

pretty funny when he beat me i had fallen asleep waiting for my turn and forget to dial in 1200. I hit the target dead center but the bullet skipped to get there. So much fail in that !!!!!

No shame in getting beat by taft. kid can shoot..... besides im a ducker who shoots rifles as a side hobby :)

Reactions: ilovesprig and NBK
Son, my side mirrors are heavy damn duty, 22lbs is no problemo amigo.

Reactions: TRICER and NBK
pretty funny when he beat me i had fallen asleep waiting for my turn and forget to dial in 1200. I hit the target dead center but the bullet skipped to get there. So much fail in that !!!!!

No shame in getting beat by taft. kid can shoot..... besides im a ducker who shoots rifles as a side hobby :)

Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill the only way to end this debate is to haul that ultralight 22lb deer rifle of yours into the nearest DZone this fall and get it done. Then you can officially call it a hunting rig.
I got a band saw. We can cut 10 pounds of barrel off that beast and get it down into the hunting rifle category. Hell I’ll even use my grinder to crown the barrel. FOR FREE.

Reactions: TRICER and NBK
1/2 MOA that’s my disconnect with the accuracy over velocity thing. With a custom hunting rifle 1/2MOA with velocity is achievable and 1/2 MOA kills game all day. I am not going to give up 100fps so I can get down to a 1/4.

I agree, I always try to develop a load to group as tight as I can. Preferably 1/2 MOA max. But if the ES is through the roof all bets are off. Basically, I'd take a 3/4 MOA gun at 100 yds shooting a load that has a consistent ES of 20 or lower over a 1/4 MOA gun at 100yds shooting a load with an ES over 60.

I hip fire.i know nothing if either.all i know is if i miss. Then shit!! I need to go practice.thats all i know.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu