Under $10 must have

TRICER

Dec 20, 2014
tricerusa.com
Alright if you had to pick one item under $10 that you wouldn’t hunt without what would it be? You can only pick one.
I have a few that come to mind but the one that I would not hunt without is my wind checker. The best of which is smoke in a bottle. I actually keep one in my harness and an extra in my pack just in case I lose one.

Moccasin Joe Smoke in a Bottle Wind Checker-1.5 oz

Ok like you I have a few things but I will just add one. A lighter just incase something happened It can make heat for warmth and light and smoke it can boil water if needed cook with and the list goes on for well under $10

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I think you are right Drew, scent is the most basic of things that puts you out of the game. I use chalk line chalk refills from the local hardware stores to refill my scent bottles but charcoal ash works even better if you have the spare time to load it. I hunted years ago with a guy that used charcoal ash captured in cheese cloth. He would shake it and be good to go. It was messy but but worked very well. It smelled like the local stuff and even when it went the wrong way the animals did not spook. Also I know a person who was a career hot shot fire fighter who now is taking care of my kennel cleaning wise every day and she observed that when they did controlled burns the animals were attracted to it and would roll in the ash to suffocate the fleas and ticks to get them off. Hunters would come and ask her where the burns were happening that year so that they could set up on those areas and hunt. She also told me that once the pattern was established the deer and elk would stick to it for years. There's everyone's big secret for the year I learned and you may have never known otherwise..

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu