UP ON the Hill

invisible man

Walk The Line
Oct 7, 2011
About 20 feet up
Stared at my buddies in Julian at 6:30am,does started coming through at 7:00 fallowed by a few small bucks,one was ok 3x2.Rain started at 9:00 and never stoped.bailed out at 11:00 and got lunch.Then went to another buddies house 7 miles south of Julian.after washing and drying my cloths.we went down to the oak grove in the pouring rain,we pushed out deer in every direction.So we set up and watched the show,deer every where I looked.Doe city and 4 or5 forkies,then HB came through and cleared the place out.Couldn't get a shot at him.He was 60 yrds twice.Did I say raining sideways?I couldn't of gotten wetter if i jumped in the lake.Then it started snowing.We are at 4700ft and there is currently 3" on the ground.Think I will stay here tonight and spare myself the drive back in the morn in the snow.Hoping for some luck.If HB is around in the morn he might have a problem.If you come up be careful icey roads for sure.Ill report back tomarrow.

Sounds like a busy area. Good luck with bringing HB down tomorrow.

Going to be a nice hunting day tomorrow. Looking forward to story and don't forget the photos

We went out at 3:30, it was raining pretty good, we didn't get out of the car until 4:45, went to our spot and sat for 1.5 hours. We saw no deer came out soaking wet and headed up the trail to look around when we notice the rain was now slush, and then snow. It looked something like this:
6314316610_c33a3f9035.jpg
6313797951_187fb0871a.jpg

Invisible man said:
Stared at my buddies in Julian at 6:30am,does started coming through at 7:00 fallowed by a few small bucks,one was ok 3x2.Rain started at 9:00 and never stoped.bailed out at 11:00 and got lunch.Then went to another buddies house 7 miles south of Julian.after washing and drying my cloths.we went down to the oak grove in the pouring rain,we pushed out deer in every direction.So we set up and watched the show,deer every where I looked.Doe city and 4 or5 forkies,then HB came through and cleared the place out.Couldn't get a shot at him.He was 60 yrds twice.Did I say raining sideways?I couldn't of gotten wetter if i jumped in the lake.Then it started snowing.We are at 4700ft and there is currently 3" on the ground.Think I will stay here tonight and spare myself the drive back in the morn in the snow.Hoping for some luck.If HB is around in the morn he might have a problem.If you come up be careful icey roads for sure.Ill report back tomarrow.

Come on DL, one of us Lakesiders needs to whack one, are you achery huntin w/D16 tag? GOOD LUCK

We hunted fri morn till Sun at about noon.I seen 3 that are shooters in my book,all three were big old multible point bucks,one was 4x3 and all were at about 180yrds.But the rifle was up at the house.Both spots are archery only by request of the land owners.So I passed on 9 forkies.My 2 buddies each killed nice forkies.At the end of the day Im glad I let them walk.Its alot of work getting them up the hill and driving to town to check them in and then get them back to the house and hangem and bangem in the rain.Im not against the harvest of a nice 3 year old forkie but its still to early at these spots.Its not really on yet,the young bucks are fallowing and pestering the does but there not quite hot yet.When they are the big boys will be carelessly walking through our lanes.This was a good storm I think next week will be on fire.

TopBuck said:
Invisible man said:

Come on DL, one of us Lakesiders needs to whack one, are you achery huntin w/D16 tag? GOOD LUCK
Yeah,and i just got access to Sky Valley Ranch but its bow only too.but don't worry we still have plenty of time for Lakeside to get on the board.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu