Upland game hunting clinic

Zak

Mar 30, 2019
I just took an "Advanced Hunting Clinic" by CDFW (link here) and I thought it was outstanding. The instructors helped us navigate the complex regulations, seasons, gear, and opportunities relating to upland game hunting in CA. We then got some live experience when they planted two chukar per person and the dogs flushed them out for us. Then they showed me how to clean the bird I shot.

The education and lunch they provided was a steal at $20. The game warden and volunteers from the Santa Clarita Valley Chapter of Quail & Upland Wildlife Federation were all really friendly and willing to help out us newbies.

Will definitely be looking at taking advantage of every course offered nearby :D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu