Utah application drawing results due out this Thursday

I got my e-mail from Utah today............................. Start the count down!

Do do list:

Sell truck!
Buy new 2500 truck.
Buy new toy hauler.
Find where I put my bow.
Kill buck!

Received my dear John letter and there was no love...

Dear JOHN :

Thank you for your recent applications for the Big Game Drawing. Your results are:

Appl # Hunt # Result
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
388xxx GDR , , , , General Buck Preference Point Earned
388xxx 6503, , , , Bison UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 3065, , , , Elk Bull UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6801, , , , Rocky Mountai UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6611, , , , Desert Bighor UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx PRO , , , , Pronghorn Buc Bonus Point Earned
388xxx 1003, , , , Buck Deer UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6703, , , , Rocky Mountai UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6006, , , , Bull Moose UNSUCCESSFUL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BuckHunter said:
I got my e-mail from Utah today............................. Start the count down!

Congrats, looking forward to your video.

NBK said:
Received my dear john letter and there was no love...

Dear JOHN :

Thank you for your recent applications for the Big Game Drawing. Your results are:

Appl # Hunt # Result
388xxx GDR , , , , General Buck Preference Point Earned
388xxx 6503, , , , Bison UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 3065, , , , Elk Bull UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6801, , , , Rocky Mountai UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6611, , , , Desert Bighor UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx PRO , , , , Pronghorn Buc Bonus Point Earned
388xxx 1003, , , , Buck Deer UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6703, , , , Rocky Mountai UNSUCCESSFUL
388xxx 6006, , , , Bull Moose UNSUCCESSFUL

Was this just for Utah?

BuckHunter said:

Do do list:

Sell truck!
Buy new 2500 truck.
Buy new toy hauler.
Find where I put my bow.
Kill buck!

Been busy at work, got my wisdom teeth pulled out, and getting ready for Utah. Our usual trip is just me and my two brothers and sometimes my wife, but this year will be the first year we are taking the kids.

Me
My Wife + 3 kids
Brother #1 + his boy
Brother #2 + his girl
Flying Grandma (my mom) in for the first 5 days of the opener to help watch the kids so my wife can hunt.

We are all very excited about this year’s trip and the kids will not stop talking about it. Morgan 4 years old, seems to think that she will be shooting a Monster Buck with her bow.
I’ll need to take my hunting down a notch this year to really make sure they have a great introduction to what we love. If they have a good time, I’ll have a few little hunting partners for life. I really can’t wait to get on a blood trail with the whole family in tow.

With the emotions of how much this trip miens to me and a chance to share it with my kids now that they are a little older I actually opened up my wallet and went on a month long spending spree. With this new plan we had to upsize our little 18ft toy hauler. And a new trailer will need a bigger truck to tow it. After seeing how Mike and Larry were towing the 33+ ft trailer to Utah last year and hauling ass up the mountain when my truck was doing 25 mph, I was sold on getting a Diesel.

Sold the 18ft toy hauler
Sold the F-150

Bought a Diesel
Bought a used 26ft toy hauler and a 2007 4 seater Rhino for the wife and kids.
My brother bought a trailer too.

I can’t wait !

Attachments

• IMAG1423.jpg
    IMAG1423.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • Rhino.jpg
    Rhino.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
That's awesome Jim.......way to stimulate the economy! Good luck in Utah

Lungpopper said:
Nice setup, looks like you will be hunting in style. What truck did you get?

We have been getting by with some low budget gear, and barrowing a generator and other stuff for the annual trip for the last nine years. Business has been good this year so I stepped it up. I got the GMC 2500HD, and right now the bank owns more of it than me. The trailer I got a great deal on but had to drive 6 hours round trip to pick it up, and it needs a handful of small repairs before the trip. The Rhino I found on Craigslist and it turned out to be only 2 miles from my house so after making a deal I just drove it home in the slow lane. I'll be on my quad and my wife and 3 kids can cruise the trails in the Rhino. It should be a fun trip with or without any big bucks.

way to represent the OC :)

That's how we all roll up here.

With Utah just 2 1/2 weeks away, my older brother John broke his leg on Friday when he stepped in a hole on a job site. He's now out for the trip. We still want to see if we can bring his 12 year old son with us because he was so looking forward to it, but we're not sure if my brothers ex-wife will let him go with us.

SUCKS !!!!!!!!!! :'( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

BuckHunter said:
With Utah just 2 1/2 weeks away, my older brother John broke his leg on Friday when he stepped in a hole on a job site. He's now out for the trip. We still want to see if we can bring his 12 year old son with us because he was so looking forward to it, but we're not sure if my brothers ex-wife will let him go with us.

SUCKS !!!!!!!!!! :'( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Man that sucks!!! My biggest fear this time of year is hurting myself training for the upcoming season, and to do it at work is like salt in the wound!!!

O.C. Huntress said:
We leave in 12 days.............. ;D
BuckHunter said:
Just 12 days until we leave for Utah with the kids. In my mind it will be a little like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6DWH59mKh-A
Jeff McCabe said:
BuckHunter said:
Just 12 days until we leave for Utah with the kids. In my mind it will be a little like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6DWH59mKh-A

Right On ! Just 11 more days. I'm packing now ! You get the quad running yet?

Good luck on your trip. I'm sure you will have a great time.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu