Utah Elk 2019

Guys, I tried. I tracked her for over 3 miles and she crossed In to Indian land.

I went out on Public land , I have never chased elk with a bow. this hunt even though I did not recover my cow, was a 100 percent successful hunt !

I proved to my self that I could get it done in a low success unit. it was hot, the elk were not talking and the odds were against me.

I located cows and hunted the canyons they were using to transition from feeding to bedding and was able to position my self to get an opportunity. Learning this about the area took more then a few days and what an experience.

Bottom line is if my shot placement was better I would have a freezer full .

I love Utah!

Stay tuned for the 2019 Utah elk hunt recap podcast.

Guys, I tried. I tracked her for over 3 miles and she crossed In to Indian land.

I went out on Public land , I have never chased elk with a bow. this hunt even though I did not recover my cow, was a 100 percent successful hunt !

I proved to my self that I could get it done in a low success unit. it was hot, the elk were not talking and the odds were against me.

I located cows and hunted the canyons they were using to transition from feeding to bedding and was able to position my self to get an opportunity. Learning this about the area took more then a few days and what an experience.

Bottom line is if my shot placement was better I would have a freezer full .

I love Utah!

Stay tuned for the 2019 Utah elk hunt recap podcast.
Was this an OTC tag?

Reactions: wackums back
Thanks for the update man that sucks but you have a great attitude about it as I have lost a deer once. It’s a hard lesson and I felt terrible about it but I learned a lot for it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MAG 1
Appreciate you sharing the trip. Great attitude. Safe travels home and looking forward to the podcast.

Utah is rad.

I need to move here. One day when I can be like sprig and record podcast’s, shoot everything that moves and drink coffee any time of the day, I’ll be a resident of Utah.

Until then I’ll settle for a “moons over my hammy” at Dinny’s in Saint George.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna happen ...exhausted effort , nice blog dude. I love utah, one of my best bucks came out of that beautiful state.

Reactions: stikbrandon
Thanks for sharing your hunt. It takes balls to post the play by play throughout the hunt without knowing what the outcome will be. It’s pretty cool that more SCHer’s are doing it lately.
Congrats on a successful hunt!!!

Archery hunting is not for the faint of heart. I would be lying if I said I haven’t lost an animal. With as far as she went I would hope someone shoots a cow some day and finds 6” of your arrow in its shoulder.
Good job man way to stay after it until the end.

Reactions: ilovesprig
Archery hunting is not for the faint of heart. I would be lying if I said I haven’t lost an animal. With as far as she went I would hope someone shoots a cow some day and finds 6” of your arrow in its shoulder.
Good job man way to stay after it until the end.

My thoughts exactly Drew!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu