Utah spike elk

kabose1

Oct 16, 2012
Hi Everyone been hunting cal last few years for everything that is legal and have had some success. but does anyone have any info on this hunt (Utah Spike elk). I am going to try my first out of state this year and we picked this one to start. Will be doing the draws next year but if we don't start some place you never end up going so any info or recommendations is appreciated.

This can be a very tough hunt. Finding a spike can be very difficult. I've found that finding mature bulls is much easier.Its early in the season so you won't hear much bugling if any and they won't respond to calls. Be prepared to put in a lot of miles and glass a bunch. With that said if you go, at least your out in woods hunting.. Good luck

thanks we plan on getting away as much as possible from crowds. It will be fun just to be in another state and see what animals are out there.

kabose1 said:
Hi Everyone been hunting cal last few years for everything that is legal and have had some success. but does anyone have any info on this hunt (Utah Spike elk). I am going to try my first out of state this year and we picked this one to start. Will be doing the draws next year but if we don't start some place you never end up going so any info or recommendations is appreciated.

Archery or rifle ?

I find the spikes with the cows and they are harder to find than the bulls. Slow walk (very slow) in the dark timber and you'll find some elk.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu