Validation of Deer Tags

ilovesprig

Staff member
Aug 3, 2012
Escondido
Everyone that shoots a deer is required to get their deer tag validated......Sounds simple enough......Trust me, many times it's not. Here's a list of folks that are authorized to do so.....Make a copy or carry the regs with you......I've had firemen and peace officers refuse to sign...... :-[

.(c) Deer and Elk Tags, Persons Authorized to Validate. ◦ (1) The following persons are authorized to validate or countersign deer and elk tags: ◾ (A) State: ◾ 1. Fish and Game Commissioners
◾ 2. Employees of the Department of Fish and Game, including Certified Hunter Education Instructors
◾ 3. Employees of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection
◾ 4. Supervising Plant Quarantine Inspectors
◾ 5. Junior, Intermediate and Senior Plant Quarantine Inspectors

◾ (B) Federal: ◾ 1. Employees of the Bureau of Land Management
◾ 2. Employees of the United States Forest Service
◾ 3. Employees of the United States Fish & Wildlife Service
◾ 4. All Uniformed Personnel of the National Park Service
◾ 5. Commanding Officers of any United States military installation or their designated personnel for deer taken on their reservation.
◾ 6. Postmasters & Post Office Station or Branch Manager for deer brought to their post office.

◾ (C) Miscellaneous: ◾ 1. County firemen at and above the class of foreman for deer brought into their station.
◾ 2. Judges or Justices of all state and United States courts.
◾ 3. Notaries Public
◾ 4. Peace Officers (salaried & non-salaried)
◾ 5. Officers authorized to administer oaths
◾ 6. Owners, corporate officers, managers or operators of lockers or cold storage plants for deer brought to their place of business.

I'd be happy to validate any deer for you guys ;D
Most fireman that I know would be happy to sign off on some deer, crazy they denied yours.

Crazy is right......2 different stations here in Escondido & San Marcos......I go to Julian Fire or the forestry station next to Lake Henshaw now.

ps.....I can't sign my own. In fact, DFG met with me and said I can no longer validate tags. Only state fish & Wildlife commissions can validate (all 5 of them), not county..... :-[

I always hit the ranger station on the way out. There is some girly that won't look at a dead deer but someone else always comes out the signs for me. I bone my deer out so all they are looking at is the head.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu