Vet in Imperial Valley

John_Gilmore

Feb 26, 2013
Hey guys,

Curious to hear any suggestions. I need a vet in Imperial Valley just to have in my phone as I'll be hunting out that way often this season.

Any suggestions for Vets I should keep on my short list for areas: Imperial Valley, Palomar Mountain, Julian. If my dog gets hit by a snake or whatever may happen, I want to be able to have somewhere close to get him to.

Thanks in advance.

Don't hunt the valley much any more but for those of you who do or wherever you do hunt with your dogs its a good idea to know whats available, many vets don't carry anti venom and here in the southwest that's beyond important to know, minutes can save lives.

In El Centro, CA.
EC Animal Clinic 760-352-4222
Valley Vet Clinic 760-352-1279
Desert Vet Group 760-355-0141

in Brawley, CA.
Howard Animal Hospital 760-344-5738

I called and they all have the stuff you need to help them.. they said they also have some shots that you can give a dog to help fight the bite incase it happens.

ivhunter said:
In El Centro, CA.
EC Animal Clinic 760-352-4222
Valley Vet Clinic 760-352-1279
Desert Vet Group 760-355-0141

in Brawley, CA.
Howard Animal Hospital 760-344-5738

I called and they all have the stuff you need to help them.. they said they also have some shots that you can give a dog to help fight the bite incase it happens.

Thanks Ric,

My labs have been close a couple of times.

Its just as important to teach your dog to recognize rattlers and avoid them. Here in the southwest if you own a hunting dog its not if, its how many. The pre-bite vaccine is also something every bird dog owner should seriously consider, it buys time and lessens the damage, you still have to have the vet treat your dog but it might save their life, I do both.

I second the vaccine saved one of my dogs that got hit running trails.........

I've done the rattlesnake avoidance training, but I always end up stumbling on snakes and I'm moving way slower and not sniffing around like my dog... still always a concern of mine.

I really appreciate the info and input guys.

This forum is awesome for guys like me.

A snake trained dog can help you recognize that a rattler is close by. We hear stories every year about dogs we have aversion trained warning their owner of the presence of a snake by barking or exhibiting behaviors that caused them to look around.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu