Vince & Tony Dimiceli, A BowHunting Family Tradition

BuckHunter

“Venison” It’s what’s for dinner!
Feb 3, 2011
Here is a picture of a local buck taken last Saturday by my friend Tony DiMiceli of Fountain Valley. He’s an artist when it comes to doing European scull mounts of deer , hogs and bear etc and completes over 25 a year for fellow hunters including all of mine. Tony has been Bowhunting for over 50 years and still at it climbing trees. He is a founding member of The Long Beach Bow Hunters that started in the 50’s. Tony is an official measurer for CBH (California Bowmen Hunters) and has 8 or 9 bucks in the CBH record books. I see Tony a few times a year when I drop off and pick up a rack to mount. I enjoy trading hunting stories with him and hearing about the good old days. He can give you every hunt detail about every mount in his house (and there are many in each room and the garage).

Below is Tony’s 98+ inch 2x3 local Hybrid buck from last weekend.

( I think you need to be signed up and logged in to see all the buck pictures below) (it's free)

Attachments

• Copy of Tony   98 inch.jpg
    Copy of Tony 98 inch.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 178
Tony passed down the bowhunting tradition to his son Vince and grandkids.

Vince Dimiceli started bowhunting young in the 70’s and has now taken local buck hunting to a whole new level with about 35 entries into the CBH record books, and 1 local buck is in the top 10. Vince has already tagged out with two record book bucks this year. A wide 3x3 and a monster 4x3. In recognition of Vince’s bowhunting skills he’s been sponsored by Hoyt Archery. When he’s not running his construction business or hunting he can be found practicing and telling hunting stories at the local archery pro shop Orange County Archery in Fountain Valley Ca.

Below are Vince’s 2011 local Hybrid Bucks.

Attachments

• Vinnies local buck 2011.jpg
    Vinnies local buck 2011.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 174
  • Vince sept 26 2011.jpg
    Vince sept 26 2011.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 168
Here is Vince's 2010 monster 4x3 !

Attachments

• Vince's Buck 2010.JPG
    Vince's Buck 2010.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 171
Wow those are some bruisers! I been looking at getting a euro mount done on two local hogs with some nice cutters. I'm scared to try it my self....

Matagi said:
Wow those are some bruisers! I been looking at getting a euro mount done on two local hogs with some nice cutters. I'm scared to try it my self....
Matagi,
I know a guy in Lakeside that does it, I have his number if you want it, he has done about 5 or 6 for me....does great work. LMK

Michael Pritzl said:
Jim, sounds like you got some great hunters there, are all those bucks local, that 4x3 is stupid thick.
. All local pacific hybrid bucks.

VERY impressive bucks!!! Look closely at the racks on the two 4X3s, I wonder if they were from the same seed?

Santiago Cohen said:
Just for curiosity, how much does he charge for a mount like that?

I'll find out for you. He is out of OC so it would be a bit of a drive for a few of you.

His Hog sculls are the best I've seen. He has a way to get all the fatty grease off and make it white white.

Matagi said:

Are they frozen right now?

I know these guys. Straight Killers !!!!!!! Is Vince on here? What's his screen name?

Glad its too late for Vince to be in the Biggest Buck Contest this year. ;D

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu