Vista Irrigation district

Americanpride

Jul 23, 2018
Are we allowed to do any kind of hunting in this are in D16? ONX is has is colored in tan. It's surrounded by the CNF and BLM.

I don’t believe so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok thanks, I couldn't find much about it and saw that there's trail that goes to a place called Eagle Rock. I figured it was open to the public, I guess just for non-hunting activities.

Ok thanks, I couldn't find much about it and saw that there's trail that goes to a place called Eagle Rock. I figured it was open to the public, I guess just for non-hunting activities.

You're right, that's the Pacific Coast / John Mier? trail. It cuts right through.

100% of VID is off limits to hunting unless you are a member of MCC and that is pretty heavily regulated with seasons, and broken into specific areas. Just because you are an MCC member you can’t just go wherever you want on the VID properties. The PCC does go through the property and that is allowed.

Pacific Crest Trail goes thru the north eastern portion of VID lands, but there is nowhere where PCT accesses BLM or CNF lands.....VID is patrolled closely and they do not hesitate to write citations.....There is some CNF and BLM lands that abut VID and it's posted pretty good.

PCT goes thru Warner Ranch too.....Again, no legal areas to hunt without permission from Warner's.

yellow and green , yellow and green, yellow and green, did I mention yellow and green?
I love this but would almost take it up a notch and say National Forest and BLM! All you have to do is select the area on the map and it will tell you.

Reactions: steveo007
Really it’s all about what shade of yellow and green. Refuges are green an County land is yellow. SD is a checkerboard but there are tons of places to hunt. If it was deer season I woul have filled my tag yesterday. Been seeing a lot of deer this year. Could just be that I am getting better at finding them but seems like I am finding them every trip out lately. I think we had a good recruitment from the 2016/17 rainy season.

Really it’s all about what shade of yellow and green. Refuges are green an County land is yellow. SD is a checkerboard but there are tons of places to hunt. If it was deer season I woul have filled my tag yesterday. Been seeing a lot of deer this year. Could just be that I am getting better at finding them but seems like I am finding them every trip out lately. I think we had a good recruitment from the 2016/17 rainy season.
I've noticed the checkered zone haha. I just got my new 15x56s yesterday and hope to take a scout trip down to d16 this weekend.

Reactions: TRICER

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu