Volunteer Clean Up / Brush Up Work Days Set for San Jacinto Wildlife Area August 24th

fish dog

Apr 28, 2015
Johnson City, TN
Tom Trakes, from San Jacinto Wildlife Area, advised that the next volunteer work days for San Jacinto Wildlife Area would be Saturday, August 24th. This work day will be primarily to finish cleaning up the hunting area, to start brushing up the area’s blinds, and to build a few new blinds for the coming season...

Details here: https://socalhunt.wordpress.com/201...et-for-san-jacinto-wildlife-area-august-24th/

screen-shot-2019-07-25-at-9.30.35-am.png

Time to step up fellas....Bring the kids, wife, whatever....A little work will do all of us some good.... :cool:

ps....Also bring bug spray, suntan lotion, gloves, and some tools (sawzall's, shovel, etc.)

Well ilovesprig used to put the work parties together and I was wondering if he could shed some color on why there has not been any work parties this off season.

Rusty,

I'm biting my tongue...I can say there was a work party this year on....OPENING DAY OF TURKEY SEASON...And it was not organized by management...I guess I/we didn't make the grade to be told of this work party till the day before....:confused:

Good on the guys that did go out and do a clean-up....It no easy task working out there....They obviously love Wister as much as many of us do.

I was told by management that anyone who wants to organize a work party could do so....Please bring your D-7 or heavier equipment to help remove salt cedar....Hand tools aren't going to cut it anymore.... :D

Friends of Wister basically folded after I had exhausted the money raised and used on Wister....Many of the biggest contributors and workers are now getting really old too….Also, many were goose hunters....Which is pretty much a thing of the past now....:pensive:

I said this on the podcast....You would think that the state of California with all it's tree hugging folks/politicians would want Imperial Wildlife Area (Wister Unit) to look pristine being it's the ONLY desert wildlife area in the entire southern portion of California....And I've said this too....My gut feeling is there's big money/politics involved here somewhere....Geothermal is knocking on the door all around Wister and in fact, part of Wister is owned by IID....Dying a slow death (like the Salton Sea) may be exactly what they want....:mad:

OK....I quit biting my tongue....:joy:

Sounds like management needs to be like the squeaky wheel and get the grease from the state in order to operate the wildlife area properly or charge more for the bird watchers to come onto the refuge.

Rusty,

I'm biting my tongue...I can say there was a work party this year on....OPENING DAY OF TURKEY SEASON...And it was not organized by management...I guess I/we didn't make the grade to be told of this work party till the day before....:confused:

Good on the guys that did go out and do a clean-up....It no easy task working out there....They obviously love Wister as much as many of us do.

I was told by management that anyone who wants to organize a work party could do so....Please bring your D-7 or heavier equipment to help remove salt cedar....Hand tools aren't going to cut it anymore.... :D

Friends of Wister basically folded after I had exhausted the money raised and used on Wister....Many of the biggest contributors and workers are now getting really old too….Also, many were goose hunters....Which is pretty much a thing of the past now....:pensive:

I said this on the podcast....You would think that the state of California with all it's tree hugging folks/politicians would want Imperial Wildlife Area (Wister Unit) to look pristine being it's the ONLY desert wildlife area in the entire southern portion of California....And I've said this too....My gut feeling is there's big money/politics involved here somewhere....Geothermal is knocking on the door all around Wister and in fact, part of Wister is owned by IID....Dying a slow death (like the Salton Sea) may be exactly what they want....:mad:

OK....I quit biting my tongue....:joy:
YOU NEVER WERE ONE TO STAY SILENT.

Part 3 and 4 of The WATERFOWL pod cast will drop this coming Monday 8-19 and the following Monday 8-26.

Reactions: chessie

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu