Wanting Turkey Wings

Chadwick

Walk softly and carry a bent stick
Nov 23, 2014
Fairbanks
www.primalbows.com
The season is here! I know that some juniors have already taken their bird. If anyone has turkey wings that they won't be using, I want them. I will use them for fletching arrows. We can make a deal, and/or I can come get them from you if you're in the SD area. Let me know.

I always give away my pheasant wings and tails to family that make jewelry. I wish they would make arrows instead

Be carefull about making deals or trade. I'm pretty sure that's a no no

On the way back from scouting saw a road kill 8 west at the el
capitan bridge turned around to lopp off some wings for you couldnt
do it that turkey was rank ! probably a week or two

steveo007 said:
On the way back from scouting saw a road kill 8 west at the el
capitan bridge turned around to lopp off some wings for you couldnt
do it that turkey was rank ! probably a week or two
Haha I saw that same one too. Can't believe u stopped, it was in a sketchy place to be when I saw it.

GSPman said:
I always give away my pheasant wings and tails to family that make jewelry. I wish they would make arrows instead

Be carefull about making deals or trade. I'm pretty sure that's a no no
Careful guys, Make sure you check local laws about trades or bartering wild game. Unknowingly breaking the law is a major fail since the laws are in writing for all of us to read.

I am always amazed when someone comes on the internet and solicits wild game. It seems to happen at least twice a year here. The law says no part of any wild game is leagal for selling, trading, or bartering for personal gain. You can only gift it. ;)

Picking up dead animals on the road is illegal in this state too......Illegal means of take.

Stevo,

If I get a turkey this year. I'll save you the wings.......Then I'll gift the bones to you....... ;)

Wow, RESTRICTIONS R US!! Thanks to you guys who were thinking of options, and to those who give cautions about legality. I want to only get stuff while staying within the rules.
I will gladly meet people in the SD area to get wings from legally taken birds. I will trade or barter you for your time, or a snickers bar. I love them.
Actually, I'll happily use goose, pheasant, owl, hawk, or bald eagle feathers for fletching.... we just gotta modify our search criteria sometimes.
Be well and shoot straight.
Michael

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu