Wants the info for Palo Verde

Todd1817

Dec 28, 2015
Looking for information on hunting mule deer out of palo verde...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Be willing to go further then anyone else and find some water. Out in the desert I have heard a quad can really help go from one mountain top to the next and just glass. I think D12 has a 10% success rate but the deer can be very big. If you don't scout before season I wouldn't have high hopes and if you are planning on sitting on the edges of the farm fields there will be a lot of people like NBK said.

Looking for information on hunting mule deer out of palo verde...

Closest to the fields wins. Just be prepared to compete with @ 50% of the tags that are givin out. Some really nice deer are takin from there. However those people are crazy.
Did it once,,, never again.

How crazy would it be in October.... How close to field do they deer come in

I've hunted both sides of the river extensively for deer. The deer density is low and the hunter density on the Cali side is high. Its been my experience that the opener out there is out of control with atv's everywhere and typical rude hunter behavior and clueless people in abundance. If you try and hunt near agriculture be prepared top stand shoulder to shoulder with other hunters. Not my cup of tea

I've hunted both sides of the river extensively for deer. The deer density is low and the hunter density on the Cali side is high. Its been my experience that the opener out there is out of control with atv's everywhere and typical rude hunter behavior and clueless people in abundance. If you try and hunt near agriculture be prepared top stand shoulder to shoulder with other hunters. Not my cup of tea
Were would you suggest... How much is it to hunt the AZ side

Todd 1817, NBK is correct about the Az side. Check the Az game and fish website for license fees and draw info (the zone in that area is a draw and has already been drawn for this year) Quick lesson here- Don't mean to be harsh but its inappropriate to ask for particular locations to hunt on a forum or anywhere else for that matter unless its offered. The Cali zone extends from interstate 8 to above interstate 10, my suggestion is get boots on the ground and figure it out. Like I said earlier its a great place to take long walks.

Todd 1817, NBK is correct about the Az side. Check the Az game and fish website for license fees and draw info (the zone in that area is a draw and has already been drawn for this year) Quick lesson here- Don't mean to be harsh but its inappropriate to ask for particular locations to hunt on a forum or anywhere else for that matter unless its offered. The Cali zone extends from interstate 8 to above interstate 10, my suggestion is get boots on the ground and figure it out. Like I said earlier its a great place to take long walks.
I am not asking for your hunting locations i was asking what are some better suggestions for areas to walk and scout. I am from a family of mud west hunters and we have plenty of farms to hunter new to the California hunting scene.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu