Warning when logging in

SASS

Jan 25, 2014
Due to the new browser updates any site that does not have an SSL of some type will give your members these security warnings when they log in.

Usually all you need to do is setup an SSL on the domain. If your hosting account is using one of the latest stable versions of cPanel you can actually use the free comodo/cpanel auto SSL. Just a thought to get rid of those warnings if it matters to you guys.

Take care!

Hi,

SSL is Secure Sockets Layer, it encrypts data. It ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers remain secure and private. Having an SSL in place on this website would fix the issue of that warning box popping up every time you sign in. Like I said doesn't seem like any one is complaining but if you do end up wanting to fix it now you know how.

Take care!

I was just messing with you sass... We are very aware of the warning and Google ranking related to non ssl sites. If only it was as simple as a few clicks. There is no free option with our host setup yes we are thinking of changing.

Just so everyone is aware there is no safety risk. The whole thing is annoying at best and not needed for a site like ours.

That said we are going to do it just not right now. We are also going to jump to xenforo 2 at some point and I think you guys will dig it. For now I have other things to build
IMG_5453.JPG

Okay I gotcha, like I said it isn't a big deal to me whatsoever. When you move look for a cPanel hosting account or a server with cPanel added. When google and the other internet companies changed their algorithms in regards to SSL cPanel partnered with Comodo to create a free auto SSL. It auto renews itself and you don't have to do much once you set it up. Companies like Lunarpages are real familiar with setting them up.

And I don't blame you for focusing on other projects when you have ones like that.

Gotta go, I am getting ready to go on my first Turkey hunt tomorrow!

Take care!

I understand that this is an older post, but there is another free SSL certificate provider is CertBot than creates a Let's Encrypt certificate. I use them on my home Ubuntu web server. Very easy plug-in for Apache to install, and automatically renews. Though if you use cPannel or ISPConfig, there is a feature to Rysync the accounts. If you do this, then it blows up the certificate and you have to re-deploy it. As with any free stuff it is a pain to uninstall it. That's my 2 cents, since I have been doing this since the late 80's / early 90's when domains were free and we used gopher to get around.

Reactions: longbowhunter2
Holy necropost..... We did. Implement a LEN ssl solution. It was just part of our server switch from a shared server to a vps. Its So!!!!!!! Much faster its craxy. Combine that with the new xenforo and boom

All of you tapatalk users please please please try the native mobile layout. Its better!!!!
@rbduffer the car is done.
20190126_170015.jpg20190126_165713.jpg20190126_170003.jpg

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu