Welcome Newbies!

Welcome to the SCH forum Savage3006. You came to the right spot.

hello! i'm marvin. i'm happy to come across this site. mostly fishing in piers and parks here in la county just to relax and enjoy the weather. intersted to learn about bowfishing and airgun hunting. eager to pick up tips and lesson from folks here!

Marvin,

Welcome to SCH........There's some top notch bow fisherman on here. And many of us hunt with pellet guns.......Just ask away and hopefully most your questions will be answered.

Hi every one my name is Dale happy to join the family ! Started fishing when I was 6 years old 50 years ago ! And I fished a lot more when I got a car at 16 yr's old . Love trout fishing rivers and streams but never hesitate to get on a tuna boat. I have walked and fished most rivers and creeks within 100 miles of my home. Pulled my first deer tag at 18 hunted archery and got a deer that season . I hunt most deer seasons since that time . I really enjoy backpacking into the back country to hunt and fish . I enjoy Steelhead fishing . Started hunting quail and doves when I was 18 yrs old . Got a new Skeeter bass boat when I was 25 ( thought I'd go pro ) fished a few tournaments . My first 1/2 day boat ocean Sport fishing was 7.00$ . I later purchased A 25 foot formula for the ocean . I ripped the king salmon in Ventura 1995 . I have 29 fishing rods , I also have broken 118 Rods . And just recently found this website doing duck hunting research ,and since I do not know any one with knowledge of the hobby , I thought it would be a good place to start . Glad to be aboard

Reactions: sleipnir
dhntr48 said:
Hi every one my name is Dale happy to join the family ! Started fishing when I was 6 years old 50 years ago ! And I fished a lot more when I got a car at 16 yr's old . Love trout fishing rivers and streams but never hesitate to get on a tuna boat. I have walked and fished most rivers and creeks within 100 miles of my home. Pulled my first deer tag at 18 hunted archery and got a deer that season . I hunt most deer seasons since that time . I really enjoy backpacking into the back country to hunt and fish . I enjoy Steelhead fishing . Started hunting quail and doves when I was 18 yrs old . Got a new Skeeter bass boat when I was 25 ( thought I'd go pro ) fished a few tournaments . My first 1/2 day boat ocean Sport fishing was 7.00$ . I later purchased A 25 foot formula for the ocean . I ripped the king salmon in Ventura 1995 . I have 29 fishing rods , I also have broken 118 Rods . And just recently found this website doing duck hunting research ,and since I do not know any one with knowledge of the hobby , I thought it would be a good place to start . Glad to be aboard

dh48,

Welcome to SCH........Lots of good waterfowling info on the site......Ask away...... ;D

Steve here.

I am new to hunting and glad I stumbled across this site. I am spending the first part of this year getting familiar with the area's to hunt turkey and wild pig so by the fall I can take my 12 year old daughter out to hopefully harvest our first turkey.

SER said:
Steve here.

I am new to hunting and glad I stumbled across this site. I am spending the first part of this year getting familiar with the area's to hunt turkey and wild pig so by the fall I can take my 12 year old daughter out to hopefully harvest our first turkey.
Get familiar sooner rather than later. Spring turkey hunting is a thousand times more fun than fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve,

Welcome to SCH.......I start my scouting for turkeys as soon as the waterfowl season is over.......Get to know the woods you're going to hunt, learn private from public, and learn to listen as much as look for them...... ;)

ps......Actually I did a little Friday...... ;D

Attachments

• 057.JPG
    057.JPG
    886.6 KB · Views: 32
Not much time to scout for me, so I got a date set with Neil Ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone,
My name is Allen and I'm new the the SoCal hunting scene. Most of my hunting has been in the southeast. I was stationed out here while in the USMC and stayed after getting out. Looking to get back to my roots and get in the woods. I'm in Murrieta and don't really have any idea yet which direction to go for hunting land. I'd like to get out and do some good scouting and put together a few hunts. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Allen,

Welcome to SCH and thank you for your service.....Get yourself a Cleveland National Forest map. We're allowed to hunt most any part of it without getting permission from somebody (must be in legal pursuit of game to shoot).....Also, get yourself the Onyx app for your phone. Tells you who owns what, the boundaries for national forests, BLM (Bureau of Land Management), and state operated wildlife areas and preserves.

Asking questions on here about certain game will probably get you more answers than most anywhere else.

Again, welcome to the site.

Hi everyone, I guess I am areal newbie both here and in hunting. So, I will takevany advise that can help me getting in the right tracks for hunting!

Ed Hunt said:
Hi everyone, I guess I am areal newbie both here and in hunting. So, I will takevany advise that can help me getting in the right tracks for hunting!
welcome Ed. Check all the sticky threads in the newbie den. That'll get you started and oriented.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu