Well I had an interesting weekend

Typically, they will get dropped off by a pickup truck in the middle of the night and hike into their grow and stay for a set number of days until their people drop off more supplies or rotate the guards in the same fashion. A few years ago, I was deer hunting on a private ranch south of Lake Cachuma and the rancher was telling me of an increased number of marijuana grows that the bad guys were planting on private ranches, he said the local sheriff knew and would sometimes raid the grows but no one would get arrested. Only the pot would get seized.

found an inactive site my first time scouting in d14. would have walked right past without knowing if it wasnt for one bud light can. black pipe, nursery boxes and more stashed trash. Didn't step into the area. plotted a coordinate on onxmaps and reported it the next day. mine was 3 miles in no trails.

I was hoping this would go away when they legalized.

It reminds me...years ago I found a (luckily) old abandoned grow. I later ran into a USFS ranger and he said they had busted some grows in the area. Thing is, there was trash and fertilizer down there, and it's above water sources. I never got around to going back and cleaning it out. I would be willing to do it with some help, or is there an agency to notify? The FS guy I talked to didn't really latch on to it...

Thanks

Tejon had several grows on there land.
A guy would sign up for a spring membership and take guys and supplies in at night. The grows were in some of the nastiest areas of the ranch. They guessed it took 2 days to hike into the box canyons. The sheriff would just fly over see them run then return to cut the plants.

Yep...Let's make weed legal...It will stop illegal activities

From what I understand (and I'm no expert), the regulations are such that the barriers to entry into the legal marijuana trade are way too high. It costs a fortune for land, water, permits, insurance, etc. So it's legal, but too hard for enough growers to enter the legal market. This leaves a huge market for illegal grows to continue. Or maybe it's just impossible for a legal grower to ever compete with an operation using free land, free water, and cheap illegal labor. It's a nasty dilemma.

From what I understand (and I'm no expert), the regulations are such that the barriers to entry into the legal marijuana trade are way too high. It costs a fortune for land, water, permits, insurance, etc. So it's legal, but too hard for enough growers to enter the legal market. This leaves a huge market for illegal grows to continue. Or maybe it's just impossible for a legal grower to ever compete with an operation using free land, free water, and cheap illegal labor. It's a nasty dilemma.
I read the taxes are high, so it makes the illegal weed more attractive to buyers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu