Went Scouting in D15 Today and Here's What I Found

twoniner

Aug 10, 2020
Today I went scouting in D15 in what looked to be a promising canyon with some north draining offshoots on Google Earth.

In this otherwise picturesque canyon (as shown in the first two pics) I didn't any bucks...what I did find you can see in the last three photos...

This is just a sample of what I found. Who does this? What does this say about our society? Or is it just Southern California? I can't tell you how depressed and angry this made me feel today. This is a rather remote and little used trail in the Cleveland National Forest. Granted I went during the heat because it's when I had free time, but I was the only person on the trail today.IMG-9196 (Large) - Copy.JPGIMG-9199 (Large) - Copy.JPGIMG-9195 (Large) - Copy.JPGIMG-9198 (Large) - Copy.JPGIMG-9200 (Large) - Copy.JPG

That canyon is too small. Need to get to bigger land in our desert.
The tagging is unfortunate, but just a phase kids go through. Look into bigger land and the deer will be there. Probably the next 200 yards behind there have frequently used deer trails going to that water.
I think when many of us say we want to get away from the road to find the deer, we actually mean we want to get away from the road to get solitude from the effects of people.
The farthest, highest places I’ve been in SD county have always had cattle grazing. I prefer the signs of cattle (cow patties) over the signs of man (graffiti, trash).

Looks like just some stupid thugs who don't care about our public land

Reactions: dhntr48
My first thought when I saw the graffiti was that it must be some sort of false flag, or someone trying to incite conflict, but the tags are too good. Notice the skill in the capital "B"s - that comes from practice. I would guess that the police could identify the tagger. I went to school with Wisk, (2nd most famous west coast tagger after Chukka). Stupid and senseless, and sadly age (and era) appropriate nihilism.

I went to one of my spots and found some paint all over :sob: and is was a mile or so from the road .

My first thought when I saw the graffiti was that it must be some sort of false flag, or someone trying to incite conflict, but the tags are too good. Notice the skill in the capital "B"s - that comes from practice. I would guess that the police could identify the tagger. I went to school with Wisk, (2nd most famous west coast tagger after Chukka). Stupid and senseless, and sadly age (and era) appropriate nihilism.

WTF!....There's famous taggers?

Reactions: THE_NEW_GUY

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu