What are you wearing?

YvettesSherpa

Feb 15, 2012
French Valley
Having been out of the game for over ten years now, and never hunting in socal I'm wondering what pattern camo you wear. I know it has to be kind of light do to the dry brush out here, but short of buying something and taking it to the bush what blends out here? I'll be in the field as much as I can be so I would like something that works year round. Thanks for your thoughts...

For Southern Cal I like Kings the best.I have had people comment that even though they knew I was there,they couldn't see me.
My second choice would be the Open Country.

I have been wearing Realtree AP this last few years and I really like it. It conceals well in tree stands and on the ground. Good Hunting

Michael Pritzl said:
I have been wearing Realtree AP this last few years and I really like it. It conceals well in tree stands and on the ground. Good Hunting

I second this. Good for the brush and wooded areas. Never had any problems. Plus you can use it in a lot of other regions.

I like the Mossy oak brush pattern, a few years ago when it first came out I went on a pig hunt with a couple of buddies (you don,t need camo to hunt pigs as their eye sight is poor) I was across the canyon from them one morning with the sun shining on me and my buddies told me they could see my blue jeans and my head but not the shirt I had on.

Mossy Oak Brush for Big Game

Mossy Oak Shadow Grass for Waterfowl

Attachments

• MObrush.jpg
    MObrush.jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 62
  • MOSgrass.jpg
    MOSgrass.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 69

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu