What do u do with your sheds

Sdbirds said:
What do u stain them
With?

I have antler stain but walnut wood stain will work. I made a vacuum chamber out of a mason jar and use it to solidify the porous sheds with either urethane or paraloid B72. You should try to make some duck calls if you have some spares.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2012/12/biggest-shed-collection-world-15000-antler-cathedral-bone

Check out what this guy does with his. He has a ridiculous amounts of sheds!

Sdbirds said:
Gteam1 said:
Gteam just collects em' :)

Where r those from all d16? There's some good ones

Man, I'd love to see a better photo of the one to the right edge in the blue bag. Heavy 4 point with a webbed/bladed fork? Awesome!

I have the worst luck finding sheds. In fact, I've never found one. Though not technically a shed, I did find the remains of a nice deer tangled up in communications wire on Camp Pendleton back in 2000, I think. Mainframe 2 x 3 with nice eyeguards. I didn't realize when I found it how nice it is, but I've never seen a live one that beats it here in SD County. Plenty of pics of better, but I guess I just don't hunt in the right places!

Anyway, I've kept that guy around, and I use him for an object lesson in my Sunday School class (3rd & 4th grade boys and girls). I introduce them to my friend "Buck", who was just going about his business, doing his deer thing, and got entangled. The more he struggled, the worse he became tangled, until his antlers were an eagle's nest of commo wire. As he became weaker with dehydration and starvation, the predators started to move in, waiting until he was too weak to fight any longer...then moving in to destroy him. The parallel in humans is that we often get entangled- drugs, drunkenness, gambling, lying, pride, and other sins ensnare us to the point that the more we struggle, the more we get tangled and weak. The Devil is waiting to destroy us, waiting until we are weakened by our self-destructive behavior. Then along comes someone with a knife, who is able to cut away the mess that we've made of our lives. It may seem too late (all that's left are dry, weathered bones sometimes). But our Creator is able to restore life where there was death, if we let Him!

And that, boys and girls, is the happy ending to the sad, disturbing story of sin! :)

El Matavenados said:
I have the worst luck finding sheds. In fact, I've never found one. Though not technically a shed, I did find the remains of a nice deer tangled up in communications wire on Camp Pendleton back in 2000, I think. Mainframe 2 x 3 with nice eyeguards. I didn't realize when I found it how nice it is, but I've never seen a live one that beats it here in SD County. Plenty of pics of better, but I guess I just don't hunt in the right places!

Anyway, I've kept that guy around, and I use him for an object lesson in my Sunday School class (3rd & 4th grade boys and girls). I introduce them to my friend "Buck", who was just going about his business, doing his deer thing, and got entangled. The more he struggled, the worse he became tangled, until his antlers were an eagle's nest of commo wire. As he became weaker with dehydration and starvation, the predators started to move in, waiting until he was too weak to fight any longer...then moving in to destroy him. The parallel in humans is that we often get entangled- drugs, drunkenness, gambling, lying, pride, and other sins ensnare us to the point that the more we struggle, the more we get tangled and weak. The Devil is waiting to destroy us, waiting until we are weakened by our self-destructive behavior. Then along comes someone with a knife, who is able to cut away the mess that we've made of our lives. It may seem too late (all that's left are dry, weathered bones sometimes). But our Creator is able to restore life where there was death, if we let Him!

And that, boys and girls, is the happy ending to the sad, disturbing story of sin! :)

Wow, that is a very creative way to teach a lesson. I like it!

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu