what do you hunt with ?

OPAH

Sep 20, 2021
To be comfy cozy I take My 2005 GMC Yukon XL 8.1 3/4 ton 4X4 dual transmission snow bus
DVD, 7 CD player heated seats. I bought this truck for the wife.
For My Longer trips that I am Base Camping I take my T97 Toyota Tacoma V6 strong good mileage, tows my trailer well.
And For the get the hell out of Town, over river I have my 95 S10 ZR2 rock crawler 4.3 200 HP with an amazing drive train.
The wife has her Camry no one drives but her.

2004 Yukon Xl. spent many a night sleeping in the back on 4" mattress out of travel trailer. Dogs kept me warm but they always wanted most of bed.

No Dogs, but a really good quilt I made for packing in cold weather.
it turned out to heavy to pack but damn it keeps you warm in a truck.
Put one dog on each side and they will push you into the middle.

'06 LBZ Duramax. Old, high mileage, slow and leaks multiple fluids, but it's paid for!

I would like a newer Ram, but unwilling to fork out 60-80k.

'06 LBZ Duramax. Old, high mileage, slow and leaks multiple fluids, but it's paid for!

I would like a newer Ram, but unwilling to fork out 60-80k.
Same here. New truck prices are out of control.

01 Ram 1500 318 motor, 5 speed, RWD, slow, loud, bad paint, level kit, lots of miles, but mine and runs like a champ.

well first time with out a 4x4, I have a 1983 Ford F250 extended cab XLT 460 CID, it's paid for. no truck payments.
This I like. I can put $2500 a year in my 04 Yukon if I have to and save thousands in truck payments per year. Aside from new truck $$$$ is crazy, if you can find a one. even used ones are nuts.

You will see me in a 2003 ram 1500 2WD crew cab , long bed , 420 thousand miles , second engine , second trans. Original paint . Stacks of Maintenance records .
cheaper to keep her !!

Reactions: GUNDOGLOVER49
Spend or save 100$ a month and your ride will be cherry ! When you run out of things to replace or repair , then save money for the big repair .

Reactions: Dawnandusk
1996 Grand Cherokee AWD. 5.2 Lt engine. This beauty has taken us all over the place, even to the remote NorthWest corners of Utah. Gas thirsty but runs strong…

Reactions: Morgan1776
97' F250 4X4 7.3 the diesel drums them up, learned the hard way........don't turn the truck off.

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu