What do you use to cover your scope glass to keep the lenses dry?

TheGDog

Nov 28, 2018
XX
What do you use to cover your scope glass to keep the lenses dry?

On recent outing I'd forgotten to bring that lil scope bikini rubber thing, and I learned how useless they can become when they get sopping wet.

When I first got into hunting I went right out and and bought flip-up scope covers. I even took the intended scope into the store and together with clerk found what *seemed* to be best fit. However, the eye-piece one never really fit as tightly as I think it should have and quickly got lost.

Because of that experience, I decided to skip going that route. I got one of those rubber scope bikini's. But I find that I have a bad problem of forgetting to put it on the night before. Also that bikini one isn't as easy as you'd think it would be to remove quickly in the heat of the moment.

I see these Neoprene scope covers, who has used these, and what did you think of them?

Last edited:
Do the flip-ups do a good job in the rain of keeping the lenses dry?

Don't really hunt in the rain much, but they have worked as good as anything....I've mostly used them to keep dust & debris out.

Well ok... assuming you run into a situation like I did where one of them isn't as snug as it should be, but the other two sizes up or down are too small to fit, or even looser of a fit... what's a good remedy for that?

Like... maybe some kind of really weak Loctite maybe?

Mine Never leaves the truck....no worrys here..

I use neoprene covers now. My current one doesn't have the keeper loop, but I just toss it in my pocket when it comes to that time.

Reactions: TheGDog
Ok...Cool! I like their "keeper loop" mod to the design! Thanx! How much was shipping when you bought one? (I don't like to support people who rip you off in shipping)
No clue. I bought mine several years ago on Amazon. You can shop around for them and you should be able to find cheap or free shipping.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TheGDog

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu