JP has the barrel chucked up in the lathe. Should be chambered in the next day or two!

Last edited:
JP has it chambered. The new oil pressure system he designed and set up works amazing! He is so meticulous, it's incredible.

ZZZZZZZZream1.jpg ZZZZZZZZream2.jpg ZZZZZZZZream3jpg.jpeg

Last edited:
Well - the project is coming along nicely. JP (Fine Firearms) spent 2 days on the lathe building the rifles for our upcoming elk hunt and the hard work is paying off. He managed a test chassis so I could work up some loads while he finishes the second gun!.

We installed my rifle into the test chassis and mounted a 40X target scope on to see how well this new rig will shoot.

Below are the first 6 shots out of the new 30 Nosler JP. The second group measured .197" Still more work to do both loading and finishing the guns but so far so good.

Tomorrow we will chronograph and finalize the hunting loads.

So far the rifle likes the Retumbo powder and the 215 Berger Hybrids.

Stay tuned...zzzzzzzzzzgroup.jpgzzzzzzzzzzrig2.jpgZZZZZZZZZrig1.jpg

Reactions: xjon
John,
You are an absolute animal. If I understand this correctly, you are working up a load, for a gun that hasn't yet been built, to go on an elk hunt in a little over a week? You are officially a Kool-Aid Kid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NBK

About us

• SCHoutdoors was created in January of 2011 by a few people who love the outdoors. The main goal is still the same – bring people together who enjoy the outdoors and share their knowledge and experience.
    Outdoors in the West, Hunting gear reviews, Big Game, Small Game, Upland Game, Waterfowl, Varmint, Bow Hunting, long Range Rifles, Reloading, Taxidermy, Salt WaterFishing, Freshwater Fishing, Buy-Sell-Trade on Classifieds and Cooking/Recipes
    All things outdoors…come join us, learn, contribute and become part of the SCHoutdoors community.

Quick Navigation

User Menu